Your ex and current girlfriend hanging out? Would it be weird?

I have a guy who I've known since 9th grade, we are now 22. For a while we were "more than friends" but we were never technically in a relationship. Our group of friends introduced a new girl into the group and we all hung out. After he and I decided it wasn't gonna work, me and the group kinda stopped speaking for a few months. Now he's dating that same new girl, which I have no problem with, she's completely his type and we're back on speaking terms. Though I wouldn't say we're 'friends' again yet.

My question is, if you were in his shoes (change genders around if you're a female and would like to give some input), would the fact that she and I are hanging out together now (without him) bother you? Would it make you uncomfortable?

I was told by mutual friends that he didn't really want us to call it quits but went along with it to salvage our friendship since it's not what I wanted anymore. But I really like her and want to continue being friends with her, but I feel like maybe I'm making him uncomfortable by getting closer to her?

Any thoughts or opinions are helpful :-)
  • I'd be umcomfortable
  • I wouldn't mind
  • Depends on _____ (comment please!)
    Vote C
Also, I should probably mention that he invites me to do things with them (the group) or if he doesn't he makes her call to invite me. This question isn't about should I be friends with HIM because we're always going to be friends regardless. This is about should I stop hanging out with HER.
But I get the picture. Everyone so far says I shouldn't hang out with her.

43

Most Helpful Guy

• Somewhat, yes, but if they're really good friends, then I would refuse to break up their frinedship just for our relationship. If my ex and I weren't on great terms, I would just ask that she keep our relationship out of their conversations and to not hang out with her while she's with me. If my ex and I are on good terms, then I'd have no issue.

• Yeah we're definitely on good terms, and he doesn't give me the impression that he's still interested in any way. That's only what other people have told me. He invites me places with them and all, but I wasn't sure if it was normal for me to hang with her alone.. Thanks for your input :-)