Why can't I hate her?

I want to hate my ex, maybe then I'll stop crying over what we have. I want to hate her for lying to me. She told me we would be back together in two weeks. a lie. She told me to just wait for her and we would be back together. A lie. My ex asked me to not date anyone. I even turned down a gorgeous girls advancing in college. She actually asked me out and I said no. I said no to an amazing girl who I had more in common with than my ex. A few weeks later that girl got a boyfriend and I lost my chance with her. Now my ex won't even talk to me. She deletes me on Facebook, and won't even respond to my one letter I sent her asking for some of my stuff back.

I want to hate her, but I can't. I love her too much to hate her. Every song either reminds me of us or our break-up. It's been over 4 months and she is still always on my mind. Sure it's a little less, but she is always there. Everything reminds me of her. The places I'm happiest at, I was happy at with her. I love going to baseball games, but every time I'm there I'm reminded of her. There's times I have to just go away from people because I feel like crying.

I'm 20 years old and I can't get over a girl. I still have thoughts of not living. I thought I was over them, but there are still times I don't want to live. I'm not going to hurt myself, but I get depressed I even have those thoughts. I want to re-invent myself because I am moving, but I don't know how. I was told time heals everything, but it hasn't. We dated for 3 1/2 years, had our lives planned together. People who don't know we broke up ask about her all the time. How come you aren't with you girlfriend. I say we broke up, and they go that's too bad, you seemed like the perfect couple. I hear those words in my head everyday now. "The Perfect Couple" I just don't know what to do anymore!

12

Most Helpful Girl

• It took me well over 6 months after both of my LTR (which were both over 3 yrs, one of them closer to 4 yrs) before I was over that person. I went through severe depression but eventually worked my way out of it. You'll get there too, time does heal. Sometimes I still miss them both, but neither are as good for me (or I as good for them) as my fiance is. I knew 4 months after I met him that I would say yes if he asked me to marry him, he did after dating for 8 months. We've now been together over two years and we're planning our wedding for next September :) You are so young, you will find someone else. Things change so much in your twenties, I bet by the time you're my age you will understand clearly why you and her were't right for each other. Love isn't ever enough for forever, it takes a lot more than that. Give it more time, you'll get there.