My boyfriend is talking about moving away and I am freaking out!!

So I have been dating this guy for about a month (but we have known each other like 4) and he is in the Marines. We already live about an hour away from each other and see each other once or twice a week. Now he is moving about an hour and a half/2 hours away to take a better paying job and go back to school. I think he should do what is best for him, because in the end it is his life and there are no guarantees about where we will end up. Now I am freaking out because I will barely get to see him, he said he knows it can work because he has had friends who have had much longer distance relationships. I am afraid though because I am starting to apply for jobs and mostly everything is not even close to where he is moving. I just want this to work so much but I'm so afraid it won't.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• "He said he knows it can work..."

That depends on the couple and the circumstances. In your case, you two haven't known or dated each other very long. How long does he plan to live two hours away -- months? Years? If it's years, the chances of the relationship working out long term are very low, so it's understandable that you're freaking out.