Who gets hurt more on cheating, guy or a girl?

being a guy I think a guy gets hurt more if his girl friend or wife cheats on him. I think girls are stronger than guys on that. she could cry but she won't get shaken. she won' t get depressed. but if a girl cheats a guy he won't cry but he will get depressed, get shaken and won't get over it or will take a long time for that. It will also be a matter of his prestige in society and it will devastate his ego also. He will be of nowhere. his friends will laugh at him, make jokes and nasty comments.
Updates:
OK NOW WITHOUT BEING PARTIAL OR BIAS WITH ANY GENDER I WANT TO ASK.

WHO IS MORE LIKELY TO CHEAT ON MARRIAGE? HUSBAND OR WIFE? GUY OR A GIRL IN A RELATIONSHIP?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with you. I am not a guy, but have several times heard that guys have harder times recovering after a break up than girls. So I guess guys. . Girls can cry for hours and nights, but some how we get over it and move on with our lives, but guys can't express themselves as much as girls can so they have harder time with coming over it. The first days they can joke about it and go out with his boys but behind that is a mask. He is angry and hurt. And guys don't really have the emotional friends that he can talk to about it. That is some reason girls get over it faster (because of our girlfriends: after a break up we always do girlie stuff together that will make us forget about our ex), and we girls always get hit on by other guys, something that also makes us forget about our past. . So guys win this one :)

0|4
    2|0
    • yes you explained it better with reasons. you seem to understand guys better. you know guys get ruined and devastated to know that he is been betrayed by his wife. He is like completely shaken, his manhood will come down to zero, his prestige, male ego shattered, he is like a living dead. And most of the women don't understand this. That man will be teased, made fun of, talked behind his back by his own friends. they will talk about his d*** size, his inability to satisfy his wife sexually,

• Show All
    • @toulouse... then you obviously have no clue how male friends behave... because any kind of compassion or sorrow that is displayed from a male to another male in his time of need is viewed as homosexual... Men can't even comfort each other when in pain for fear of being labeled gay...

and if you have no idea how that works, then don't assume "those are not friends."

• Indeed! Guys don't have outreach groups for this kind of stuff like women do, and would not say anything about this kind of stuff out of fear that they will be viewed as weak.

Toulouse, guy friends act differently than gal friends. If a guy even talks about that stuff to a female friend as well, she might view him as weak, like his guy friends would. Seriously, we don't have much of an outreach for this kind of thing.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 22

• I believe a guy. I feel as though a woman would be emotionally hurt but I feel a guy would take it more personal. Men tend to take more time and effort to open up to a woman and a relationship and it would be a real blow to his manhood to realize that there is a guy out there that his significant other finds more appealing.

1|2
    1|0
    • +1 upvote. It definitely is a slap to our manhood and sometimes, it gets bad enough that some of us will take out own lives, thinking we have nothing to live for in the world. It builds up for us long-term (as it says in my answer)

• yes one important point Is that men put lot of effort and time to open up or start a relationship.

• God damn I hate f***ing whiney brats like you who ask questions expecting a black or white answer and can't accept reality. You are OBVIOUSLY being bias and your emotional response of the answers shows it. Face reality. Men AND women get hurt if they get cheated on. Who gets hurt more? It depends on circumstances like lifestyle, personality, and whether or not they expected it, sh*t like that.

1|0
    0|2
    • wow I love a beautiful Asian girl with beautiful lips and smile who Is very short tempered. Looks very damn sexy.

• Update: why are you obsessed in knowing which gender cheats more/ hurts more? Gender isn't a contest. It's liely very equal

Looking ip statistics it says men cheat slightly more than women. But there are tons of cheaters out there. Doesn't matter if they're male or female it's pathetic either way.

1|0
    0|1
    • yes I m very obsessed about it.. I want to know what do you girls feel about girls who cheat? I see mostly it's the girls who cheat. I want to know the reasons that makes a girl to cheat on her boyfriend or husband?

• Show All
    • @QA I share the same sentiments when it comes to affairs of the heart but no pain no gain

• kangaroo OK recently I have taken a risk. There is a beautiful girl and she accepted my proposal and I have prepared myself for any consequences later on.

• ohhh this question,...

ok=]

uhm I personally think a girl gets hurt more, not because I am one but in general the guy seems to cope much better and the girl is left scarred for quite awhile. I'm sure guys get hurt a lot too if its done to them but I don't think they get that feeling like their world has fallen apart kinda thing... their better with moving on, buh hey thas jus me=]

0|0
    0|0
    • They do feel their world has fallen apart, and that there is no reason to live, no one to live with/for. a girl can get lot of sympathies from both men and women, she will cry out load so everyone will hear her pain and will console her. guys will start checking on her, so it will be easy for her to move on or come over. But a man cannot do that. he is left alone ashamed and distressed. he feels devastated.his friends will start to tease him,talk about hispenis size,incapabilityto satisfyher.etc

• i understand where your coming from. like I said both can b very hurt from something like this, but yeh that was my opinion ^^

• why would it be easier for a woman to be cheated on? you don't think she will feel crappy about her body? of course she does! you don't think some people will talk behind her back or make fun of her? of course some people will! cheating sucks for both men and women - whoever you are the one being cheated on suffers!

3|0
    0|0
  • I would NEVER cheat on my boyfriend and I would be absolutely devastated if he cheated on me. He loves me more than anything so I would die if it turned out to be a lie (it isn't) and he left me. I wouldn't ever be able to trust any guy ever again and I would have no one to comfort me. I think people who cheat are despicable human beings and should be branded as cheaters so they can't hurt innocent people ever again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Men and women differ in a lot of ways but on this I think we are the same. Getting cheated on just plain sucks and is extremely painful. I don't think either has a harder times with it.

Different people will handle it differently but it has nothing to do with gender.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends more on personality, outlook on life and experience..

then gender

3|0
    0|1
    • Agreed. actually for any question on here regarding who is what and are they more or less than-women or men... its this^

• @Update: Again, ultimately it comes down to the same things.. Personality, Outlook, Experience.. add in some Strength of Will..

In my observations, Men cheat more then women. About half the guys I work with are currently cheating on their wives/girlfriends...

• So what, just because we have a vagina and a pair of boobs it means that we can't be absolutely devastated when we get cheated on? Please. Maybe we react somewhat differently sometimes, but that doesn't mean that it hurts any less. This is not a gender thing, it's a personality thing. You can't generalize roughly half of the earth's population to fit one silly standard. It just doesn't work that way. As for who's more likely to cheat, statistics have said that men supposedly cheat slightly more. But it's impossible to tell, since many women might have lied about not cheating. So I think it's about equal there as well.

2|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends on an individual's emotional sensitivity level as to how deeply hurt they feel. It has nothing to do with gender. There are very sensitive girls & guys, and then there are very shallow girls & guys.

And I don't believe there is any gender tendencies towards cheating either. If a person is of low moral quality without respect for their significant other nor themselves, then they might be inclined to cheat. People cheat because they're not getting what the want from their current relationship. And they cheat because they think they're going to get away with it. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

I have read that more women get away with it because supposedly they're better liars. I don't know if that's completely true or not. I know I can't lie worth a damn so I simply don't bother trying to lie. Everyone can instantly read on my face what I'm thinking.

1|0
    0|0
    • Of course women are better liars at concealing it...

If the top women listed in my earlier post have been cheated on and can hide their hurt so well, just imagine how well a woman can lie when SHE'S THE ONE who's doing the cheating... ;)

• I don't think the answers of a few women on GAG is enough proof to declare that women are better liars. Any gender is capable of lying well. Hell, look at our politicians - most are men and they all lie!

• I wouldn't say one or the other. Girls just take more sh*t than guys because were insecure

1|1
    0|1
    • Agreed. Most of these questions can't be answered by saying which gender. A lot of it is the individual person's coping skills. And I hate seeing the downvotes on the other answers when it's obvious the QA didn't want to hear that answer hahah

• I think cheating is devastating for everyone and you can't really say who gets over it easiest. I don't think it's something you ever get over and the effect really depends on who the person is and how much trust has been broken.

I think men are more likely to cheat just because they get more of an ego boost from engaging in sexual activities while women can get the ego boost just by knowing someone thinks they're great whether that be from a come-on or a nice compliment. I think women fall bigger victim to guilt. I feel guilt so intensely it makes me vomit, but then again so does betrayal.

There's no genetics in cheating, it's an active choice to betray someone, there are no excuses.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both genders suffer the same. Why must it be onlly one side?

0|0
    0|0
  • girls

2|0
    0|2
    • no guys get hurt more. have you ever imagined how it feels for a husband to know his wife sleeping with another man and doing all the naughty things with him? OH my heart starts to burn just by thinking about this.

• Show All
    • it's time to change your username to dumbass

• wow that's a nice username "hairya**hole"

• I don't think it's a matter of who gets hurt more or that anyone can really make any assumptions about who gets hurt more. The reality is that anyone who gets cheated on is going to get hurt, provided they loved the person who cheated.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you look up statistics, you see that men cheat more.

From a historical/evolution standpoint, it makes sense for men to mate with multiple women. (this is also seen in animals). The males mate with as many women as possible in the hopes of continuing the species, and the females raise the offspring they birth.

Of course, population and continuation of the species is no longer a concern for the human race, so you can't really say if one gender is more likely to cheat, although the statistics say more men cheat.

0|0
    0|2
  • @update, men want to cheat more but it's about even

0|0
    0|1
  • Cheating hurts both genders. You're heavily biased. Don't make generalizations about women as if you know us all on a personal level.

4|0
    0|2
  • For both gender it hurts a lot. Of course you cannot quantify, but cheating is one of the things I do not understand about our race!

0|0
    0|0
  • both do, just depends who sacrificed more for the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cheating hurts anyone, no matter what their gender is. There is no gender that is "more hurt," basically whoever is cheated on is going to be depressed by it. So stop trying to make this into a "guys have it worse" "no girls have it worse" argument- cheating sucks, end of story.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think each person is different and the way they handle it is also different. So women will not show it, but they will be dying on the inside. Men are not the only ones who lose prestige in society when they get cheated on, it happens to women too.

3|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 17

• When a girl is involved in a break up, they usually go to their friends and cry about it, and do other things to distract them from the breakup. They can usually get over it faster...

Guys, on the other hand, tend to hold all their emotional pain and suffering after a breakup inside of them. We don't usually have an outlet to talk about it, because we would look weak and pathetic if we did. It just builds up, like pressure inside of a pop bottle when you shake the bottle up over a long time. Eventually, it will get so bad that something serious might happen.

Men have been known to commit suicide after breaking up with a girl (the cause is the breakup). If guys lose something or somebody who was so important to them that they don't think they could live without that factor in their lives, eventually it'll get to the point where a man will kill himself. He believes he has nothing to live for, and wants to end all the emotional suffering.

Oh, and girls, men are more likely to actually go through with the act of suicide than women, and SUCCEED. We usually don't have an outlet to get rid of all that pain and we carry it with us. So in long-term, men suffer and hurt a lot more than women in a break up, or if their girlfriend/wife cheats on them.

I'm expecting all the girls to downvote this, believing I'm biased towards guys because I'm a guy...

0|3
    3|1
    • sorry I disagreed by mistake but I fully agree with u

• You're absolutely right about this...

They say "Oh, well women are four times more likely to attempt suicide..." Oh yeah? What about the fact that men are four times more like to DIE from their suicide attempt?... Talk about f***ing with the statistics!

and yes - Women have all kind of emotional support groups (mothers, sisters, girlfriends, etc.)... a man is left to fend for himself... who can he confide in? Who's gonna tell him "It's not your fault"?

• @ QA: that's all cool. I'm glad you agree with me :)

@ MikeK: Indeed! Men are more likely to carry through with it than women; that's the part people miss most of the time. What is important is the number of people who actually go through with it, not the number of people who attempt it!

• Men suffer more...

Just look at Hilary Clinton, Anthony Wiener's wife, Arnold Schwarzenegger's wife, and countless other women... their husband's cheating just rolls right off of their backs ;)

0|2
    5|0
    • tiger woods wife also

• Show All
    • Because they hide their pain when they are in public it means they are not torn up inside?

• Well if that's the case, then these women make incredible liars! :P

• Ok this thread is turning ugly. I think both sides are totally hurt. There is no difference. I'm a believer in karma. I hope the cheater suffers the same hurt they caused. Everyone is guilty of it.

1|0
    0|0
  • @ Update Someone once said guys cheat for the thrill, but women cheat because they can and have a reason too. But to answer your question I think its 50.50.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on who you're asking, some will be hurt more than others, but in the end, it doesn't help anyone in the long run.

0|0
    0|0
  • we all suffer the same but us men usually cover it up because we are prone to avoid emotion

0|1
    0|0
  • The person who was cheated on...gender doesn't matter.

0|0
    0|0
  • getting cheated on hurts both genders evenly!

1|0
    0|0
  • Guys hands down

1|1
    2|0
  • people hold a right to cheat, it's a free world.

0|1
    2|0
  • I would cry if I got cheated on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys have to seek out women. If a guy cheats on a girl, she has other guys lined up to date her. While it affects her, the long term effects aren't near as bad, because she's guaranteed another relationship. Guys don't have this luxury and have to face rejection. Women don't fall into our laps to pick us back up.

It's worse for guys.

0|0
    1|0
    • yes and girls want what other girls want. If a girl finds out that the guy has been cheated by his wife she will assume that there Is something wrong with him for that his wife cheated, so she is going to avoid him as much as possible. Instead I would not be surprised if she starts finding out who that guy is who she cheated her husband for and get interested in him, because women want what other women want.

• From an evolutionary standpoint, it's understandable that men cheat but not women.

Men experience anger far stronger than women, anyway.

Not to mention, spreading our seed is what we do.

Making sure we don't spend our resources on a seed that isn't ours is also something we don't do.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's not gender specific at all... It's dependent on the emotions of the person who was cheated on.

3|0
    0|1
    • In response to the question update, guys are more likely to cheat.

• You can't make a generalization about one gender being hurt more than the other.

1|0
    0|0
  • Guys. Our damaged ego's will prolong our pain.

0|2
    3|0
  • You've never seen a girl get cheated on then. I think you're partial to guys being hurt more because you have the obvious bias of being one.

8|2
    0|6
    • How could this be down voted? Stupid

• I agree this is the best answer. Hands down. Only a moron would down vote it.

• What you didn't learn from your original question that still applies to your update is: IT DEPENDS ON THE INDIVIDUAL PERSON AND/OR SITUATION

Recommended myTakes