What do you consider cheating?

If you choose flirting, you think flirting, kissing and sex is considered cheating. If you choose kissing, kissing and sex is considered cheating. If you choose sex, just sex is considered cheating to you.
  • Flirting
    Vote A
  • Kissing
    Vote B
  • Sex
    Vote C
  • See Results/Other
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Its interesting to see so many people see flirting as cheating. Personally, I don't think it is unless like gonyr said there is "intent". Many people are flirtatious, and I know many girls who are very flirtatious, but there is a difference between being flirty and wanting to hook-up. Kissing is crossing a boundry, but I could forgive that too given certain circumstances and it was a one time thing. What would never work is anything past that. Touching, oral, sex. That's too far and is definitely cheating, but ya, if the intention is there or a desire/ lack of will to NOT continue with someone else is indeed cheating.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• Intent.

A guy wi a girlfriend can talk with another girl. Maybe some people misconstrue it as flirting. But if he has no intent of following through with anything more than talking its not cheating.

You could get nowhere with a girl, but if you were trying to,it's cheating

0|2
    0|0
  • With this subject I will admit I'm considered prudish...I consider intentional flirting cheating.

If a girl wants to flirt with men, she cannot be my girlfriend. I personally consider girls that flirt while in relationships as insecure, selfish, dialogue and/or disrespectful.

ALL of those traits are high level deal breakers for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Flirting I can let slide a bit, unless it is a reoccurring thing. Kissing is cheating in my opinion, because it is an act that shows intimacy and is something only people who are close to each other do.

1|1
    0|0
  • if you wouldn't do it in front of your boyfriend/girlfriend, then doing it behind their back is cheating.

0|1
    0|0
  • Flirting. Anything I wouldn't do when my Girlfriend is with me, that'll be a start or at least a gauge. But crossing at least certain line or giving certain impressions I'd consider it cheating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Any of those so long as they are done behind the person's back/without consent from the partner. If the partner they are with consents to them flirting with others or kissing others or even having sex with others (some people have open relationships), then it's not flirting.

But, realize, by flirting I mean the person is actually trying to attract or make it seem like more than friends. Just being friendly is NOT flirting. That's just being courteous and kind and proper. Flirting has the intent of seemingly attracted to the other person and try to attract them to you for more than friendship.

So ya, all those can be flirting. Doing any from a girl will piss me off. Flirting will likely give a pass if we never talked about it before and so I'll tell her not to do that anymore. It's disrespectful to our relationship. If she kisses or has sex or does anything else with others? Ya, f*** the bitch, I'm not gonna deal with a cheater.

0|0
    0|0
  • Anything you know will hurt you if your partner did it...

0|0
    0|0
  • All of the above should've been an option.

1|0
    0|0
    • She meant the poll to be in an escalating way...emotionally you voted kissing, kissing AND sex would be cheating and flirting is OK. Voting sex means flirting and kissing is OK and only sex is cheating.

• Kissing &sex

1|0
    0|0
  • all of that is cheating

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 22

• A. Flirting is something you should only do with people you are genuinely interested in being more than just friends with. That is my definition of flirting, so even though any future boyfriend of mine might thing differently, I still think it's a deal breaker. Flirting is the first step you take towards becoming really intimate with another person. If you are in a relationship, you shouldn't be intimate or even ATTEMPT to be intimate with anyone else but your partner.

1|0
    0|0
  • Flirting and beyond. I can see how a person may not mean to flirt, if they just think they're being friendly and when they look back on it they realize they didn't mean to come off that way and feel bad about it later. But if a person is actively trying to pursue another while in a relationship... that's cheating and it still hurts even if it's not physical.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you flirt with someone else I wouldn't be happy but I also wouldn't call it cheating. I think kissing is a romantic expression and if you're my boyfriend you're supposed to be intimate with me and only me. So I believe kissing and sex are both forms of cheating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Flirting. I may not be physical, but your heart is cheating. I know that probably sounds lame.. but when it comes to MY heart that I am entrusting to a man... I expect it to be treasured.

1|0
    0|0
  • All of the above, cheating to me is doing anything emotional or physical with someone else that should be reserved for the one you're in a relationship with, including flirting, kissing, sex etc

0|0
    0|0
  • Kissing and sex. I can handle flirting, but kissing will lead to a serious argument and sex is worthy of a break-up.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm glad many also feel that flirting is still cheating because really it shows you don't care very much about your partner

1|1
    0|0
  • Anything where body fluids are exchanged is cheating. I picked B.

0|0
    0|0
  • I consider anything you wouldn't do in front of your girlfriend/boyfriend to be cheating. if you have to hide it from them, then there's a problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • kissing and sex and huge amounts of flirting to me is really borderline

0|0
    0|0
  • A. or B. it depends on how much flirting it is, but kissing is definantly cheating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Kissing

0|0
    0|0
  • Sex for sure!

0|0
    0|0
  • Kissing and up. I wouldn't like my man flirting with another girl, but I wouldn't call that cheating. If he started touching her a lot and holding hands, kissing and more, I'd kick his ass lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • All of those

0|0
    0|0
  • I find fliriting to be a grey area. I think sometimes it can't be helped, it just sneakers up on you and you feel bad afterword. Like 'f-ck, why did I say that/ do that?" Basically if you are conciously aware of what your saying/about to say or do and say and do it anyway - that to me is cheating. But if two attractive people cross each other on the street, smile and say hi, and maybe stroke their hair - its just a natural response we don't think about. But if a guy in a relationship see's a pretty girl down the street and take the long way to cross her path, he did so with intent. Can he be forgiven, sure. Should he have, no!

0|0
    0|0
  • Flirting and I'm out the door

0|0
    0|0
  • Kissing and beyond.

1|0
    0|0
  • Flirting can be harmless kissing maybe cheating yes and sex definitely

0|0
    0|0
  • getting physical with someone else.