Guys, would you divorce from your wife if she was unable to have children?

i don't know if it exists in America but here where I live some men would divorce from there wives if she was unable(biologically) to have children.unfortunatelly my brother did that and I think it's evil.
  • Yes I would
    Vote A
  • I would never do that!
    Vote B
  • Results
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• As much as I want to be pregnant and have children, I wouldn't leave my husband over that. He's still the man I married and that's not something I'd give up on so easily. We can always adopt or something. We'll figure it out. :)

2|0
    0|0
  • Wow I can't believe some guys said yes...as much as I want kids I wouldn't divorce my husband if he couldn't give me them, we could just adopt if we had to.

As a women though, if I found out I couldn't have children I would feel like less of a women and wonder why any guy would want me if I couldn't give him children. I'd be SUPER depressed...I know that's probably stupid reasoning to most people, but that's how id feel if it happened.

1|0
    0|0
    • (I'm NOT saying any women should feel like this by the way, cause it's NOT true... I just wanna make that clear)

• I think it's stupid how many people value their genes like they're something special. No one on this planet is great and you spreading your genes is not a gift to the world. So I don't understand why adoption is automatically a no-go for so many people.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's well within someones rights to divorce their partner if their partner is infertile or sterile.

Sometimes adoption or IVF is against religious beliefs or preferences.

Hell, studies have shown men are more likely to leave/cheat on their wives when their wives are ill/sick. Guys are just different and love differently. It's more of conditional love, which is understood.

If a woman can't make the guy feel needed biologically speaking and needed within the household, there's no point in them being together. He could always find a woman who makes him feel needed (to provide and protect her and a family).

I wouldn't divorce my husband though. I vote C

2|0
    1|0
  • i don't think most people would... but I've seen it happen, that's foh sho.

0|0
    0|0
  • No that is the dumbest reason ever!

0|0
    0|0
  • what about adoption?

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a girl, but I wouldn't leave my future husband if he was sterile. I fell in love with him, and we got married, so we're together for life. Him being sterile wouldn't change my love for him. I think I would just do IVF, or adopt a child from Russia. That's what me and my boyfriend want to do later in life :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm pretty sure if a guy divorces her because of something she couldn't help (being infertile) it gives her all the right in the world to take his ass to court for everything he has. Just saying. Lol

And if he were infertile, no, I wouldn't leave him. I don't actually want to give birth anyway so adoption would be awesome.

3|0
    0|1

What Guys Said 7

• She's my wife. We can adopt.

Her being MY wife actually MEANS something to me. She's the woman I love. This would not take away from her as a person. Yeah I'd like kids but at the same time there are many positives to not having to go through pregnancy and taking care of a crying, pooping little thing. That, and not passing on my crappy genetics.

5|0
    0|0
  • No, marriage is a commitment to that person no matter what, even during tough times. Obviously not having children is pretty tough, but I would still love her and not see her as any less of a wife or woman. I would simply adopt.

2|0
    0|0
  • I would not do that. I married 'for better or worse'

5|0
    0|0
  • I don't want children so I would think it's a bonus. I just hope she would be able to live with her self.

I've heard of women finding out stuff like that and getting very depressed.

0|0
    0|0
  • God no, why would I do that?

2|0
    0|0
  • If she's my wife, then chances are that I love her. If I love her, then nothing is gonna make me five her up. She will be in my arms no matter what.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, that's what adoption is for.

4|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes