Should we get back together?

This guy and I dated about three years ago and we were together for quite a long time. We started dating when we were 15. We broke up when we were 23. We both started cheating on each other at the end of our relationship. I'm not going to make excuses for either one of us. We were both idiots and we should have broken up before the cheating started.

Anyway, it's been three years and I've dated off and on but I haven't found anyone. He just ended a relationship with the girl he cheated on me with. We bumped into each other after not seeing each other at all for three years and there is still something there between us. It's stupid though, because we cheated on each other. I kind of wonder if it's because we were together for so long. The problem I have is, I've felt so guilty the last few years for doing that to him even if he did it to me. It's the reason why I haven't found another relationship. I don't feel I deserve one.

He asked me out last night, and even though I felt excited I turned him down. He says we both had some growing up to do, but I feel maybe he is just coming back to me because it didn't work out with the ex. I just don't know what to do in this situation, especially since I've been punishing myself. I told myself I wasn;t allowed kids or anything and yet I want this.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• No way!