I'm thinking about moving where would be a good place to move?

I am from Louisville, ky and have lived here my whole life I'm single no children and I'm just looking for a change the job market here sucks and I feel like I have out grown this city. I've thought about Atlanta but people have told me it would probably be a culture shock for me also I heard that Atlanta is the gay capitol and it would be really hard to find a straight male there. I have also thought about Nashville and Indianapolis any insight or other recommendations
Updates:
People please don't take what I said the wrong way a lot of people from Atlanta have said atlanta does have a lot of gay men that are on the down low but that's neither here or there. I don't have a problem with gays sorry if I offended anyone
If this helps I'm also black
So I'm not trying to move somewhere where there isn't any culture diversity I understand racism is still alive and well in a lot of states but I'm trying to stay far away from a predominately close minded state. Somewhere If I choose to date a guy outside my race we won't get chased out of the state lol

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Living about 40 miles from San Francisco myself, I'm pretty sure Atlanta isn't the "gay capitol". LOL.

The truth is that all large cities have high gay populations, because few gay people like to live in rural areas, because it's hard to be around other gays that way. But while there are tons of gays in San Francisco, straight guys still outnumber them, and that would be true in Atlanta or Nashville or any other big city.

I recommend you research at LEAST 5 big cities you think you might be interested in. Take at least several weeks to do so, and ask lots of questions, and research the job market, the real estate costs, transportation, taxes, and so on. Try to narrow your list down to 2-3, and then save some money and visit those cities for a weekend each. Yeah, it might take you 6 months or more to complete the process, but you'll be in a MUCH better place to make your decision that way.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• Atlanta the gay capitol? lol maybe you should move so you can get away from all this bad advice people are giving you. Hate to break it to you but the amount of gay people in a city doesn't mean straight men are gonna be scarce. Hollywood, Palm Springs, New York city all have large gay populations but still have plenty of straight males. I would be more concerned about the quality of jobs available or cost of housing. Good luck on the move.

2|0
    0|0
    • Thank you I know that sounded a bit shallow and I'm just going off what people say which I shouldn't do

• Charlotte or Raleigh North Carolina are great sprawling urban centers. Each has a great university in the city and both have plenty of jobs (especially Charlotte). Also, Charlotte and Raleigh both are very young adult populated cities, with Raleigh being ranked one of the best places to live and work in the US.

I suggest visiting Columbia, SC too.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you for the info I would definitely look into these places

• you wanna stay away from Massachusetts, taxes, high cost of living, gas prices, ROMNEYCARE,

and ranked top 5 rudest places to live

I am stuck here, trying to escape myself

1|0
    0|0
    • Wow, hope you get out come to Louisville lol

• Why the hell do we have to be so defensive and apologetic on saying anything about gay people? If you have anything against them, its YOUR free will to feel that way. They are not prophets.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would move to the coast. You can't beat the ocean lifestyle. Jobs are tougher to find -but you can't knock the culture.

1|0
    0|0
  • Indianapolis ? Indianapolis ? WHY? There's less then nothing to do there.

As far as culture shock, I'm not sure who's telling you this. You're moving a few states away in the US not a few countries away in another world.

People all around the US do about the same things, like the same things & have the same wants & needs.

I moved 1,850 miles away from home in a very big city to the desert. It's different here but they have pizza, TV, radio & all the same things.

People do occasionally tell me I have an accent. Go figure.

I'm thinking of moving again to San Diego. Like a lot of coastal cities, jobs are hard to come by.

I love the water (ha ha I live in the desert) so I would recommended Florida (no state income tax) but anywhere near an ocean or gulf.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ky does sucks I just got back from Fort Knox , you should go to the west coast

2|0
    0|0
  • Depends what kind of job you are looking for. You will have to be in the big cities for sure.

1|0
    0|0
  • Come to Ohio.

0|0
    0|2
    • I haven't heard to many good things about Ohio I heard the murder rate is very high I'm not knocking your city but I think I'll look elsewhere thanks though for the suggestion

• Show All
    • I'm just going off what I've heard which I shouldn't that's all I've pretty much heard is the murder rate was high but I may do some online research and still look into it Ohio what part of Ohio are you from?

• I live in Columbus.

Regarding the rumored murder rate - I've lived in Ohio all my life, and I have never once been murdered. Yes, it's true.

• Instead of going south you should go north!

2|1
    0|0
  • I hear Atlanta is kinda Gehtto if anything... My friend lives in Gainsville, Florida. Loves it down there. I've had thoughts of moving to the twin cities in Minnosota. Arizona is good too, job market there I hear is really good

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Hey I'm from Louisville too! Howdy! :)

Well what kind of place are you looking for? City? Small town? Small town right next to a big city?

0|0
    0|0
    • Hey my fellow Louisvillian! Go Cards! (hope your a cards fan) :) I'm leaning more towards a big city location but I wouldn't mind living in a small town next to a big city

• Well I moved to a small town outside Cincinnati. I really like it here! Even though Cincinnati isn't a real big city, it's full of stuff to do. Foreigner came here and did a concert for free on the 4th of July. :)

You might also look at Chicago. I've only been there once but I liked it!

• North Dakota

0|0
    0|0
  • "Atlanta is the gay capitol" "ohio murder rate is high"

stay where you are and listen to these statements lol...

wow..i hope you have a college degree, job skill, and or some common sense.

you need to have a job or money then I can give you some suggestions...

i m in NYC...so if you want to move here, have at least $5k if you have no job or skill...then get some...

if you have $10-$20k it doenst matter where you move to...but what comes down to is money and job

ideally you would go where you have real friends or family to at least give you some support

0|0
    1|0
    • What part of New York do you live in?

• Show All
    • I didn't give you a down vote but I do have a bachelors degree, I'm a black female, I do have enough money saved if I wanted to move at this moment I could I'm just trying to get a general idea on where would be a good safe area to live in coming from Louisville, ky

• If money is not an issue then we can narrow down a few things. Do you want to be bother with owning a car?

Recommended myTakes