I'm thinking about moving where would be a good place to move?

I am from Louisville, ky and have lived here my whole life I'm single no children and I'm just looking for a change the job market here sucks and I feel like I have out grown this city. I've thought about Atlanta but people have told me it would probably be a culture shock for me also I heard that Atlanta is the gay capitol and it would be really hard to find a straight male there. I have also thought about Nashville and Indianapolis any insight or other recommendations
People please don't take what I said the wrong way a lot of people from Atlanta have said atlanta does have a lot of gay men that are on the down low but that's neither here or there. I don't have a problem with gays sorry if I offended anyone
If this helps I'm also black
So I'm not trying to move somewhere where there isn't any culture diversity I understand racism is still alive and well in a lot of states but I'm trying to stay far away from a predominately close minded state. Somewhere If I choose to date a guy outside my race we won't get chased out of the state lol

312

Most Helpful Guy

• Living about 40 miles from San Francisco myself, I'm pretty sure Atlanta isn't the "gay capitol". LOL.

The truth is that all large cities have high gay populations, because few gay people like to live in rural areas, because it's hard to be around other gays that way. But while there are tons of gays in San Francisco, straight guys still outnumber them, and that would be true in Atlanta or Nashville or any other big city.

I recommend you research at LEAST 5 big cities you think you might be interested in. Take at least several weeks to do so, and ask lots of questions, and research the job market, the real estate costs, transportation, taxes, and so on. Try to narrow your list down to 2-3, and then save some money and visit those cities for a weekend each. Yeah, it might take you 6 months or more to complete the process, but you'll be in a MUCH better place to make your decision that way.