What to think about my ex girlfriend wanting to mess around

A girl had us introduced in our church in summer 2011. I thought she was ready for a long term thing, we dated for 4-5 months and she put me through hell. Our relationship has been talking/texting then non existant off and on for 2 years. I've always cared deeply for her, and no matter how badly she's hurt me, I can't ever hate her.

So this past Sunday (last Sunday in July), she texts me after church, talking about her younger brother's birthday. I take my time with responding and always brief based on how she has been. However she's talking in a really friendly/flirty way. She's talking about how she's been doing this and that, even exploring some of her sexuality. I'm not too thrilled with it but I don't try to control her. I was being an ass, picking at her for this and that. So she asks to hang out sometime this week. We met the next night at a dairy queen. We re talking about a lot of things, both personal and comical. We're open (which is what I've been asking her to do) and I could tell by her body language, she was wanting me to make a move. So I did, and we kissed/made out a little. She wants to get in the back seat and take it a bit further, We didn't do much after but I was surprised that a girl of her tendencies would be like this. She said she doesn't want a boyfriend, but wants to mess around some. I'm all for it (not trying to sound like a typical guy), but should I be concerned?

40

Most Helpful Girl

• She sounds like (this is not an accurate judgement by the way) she could just want the power to sleep around while not being tied down with a title or emotionally. If you are not going to be attached to her or know that you will not feel guilt afterward (ex: your principle is to not be intimate after marriage, this should be between two long-term relationship couples, she becomes clingy and expects a relationship afterward, she becomes distant and drops you like you were nothing), you're okay.

You probably didn't know her long enough to know that she was capable of doing the things you were surprised about or you finally are able to see her other side.

Just remember to wear protection, few girls try to get the guy in the hot seat about pregnancy or miscarriage because they end up regretting it later, or have STD's. If she is those few crazies, it's better to play safe.