Broke up with my boyfriend of one year because of my insecurities. Please help?

We have an amazing connection. We have amazing chemistry in all areas of our relationship, and I honestly believe that he's the only one for me. What I feel for him, I have not felt for anyone else before. I broke up with him yesterday because I felt that I had too many insecurities and self esteem issues to be in a committed relationship. I constantly think about his past (he has been with 6 girls before me), worry that I am not good enough for him, fear that he will leave me for someone else, etc. No matter what I do, I cannot help but compare myself to his ex girlfriends. He's also my first boyfriend, so that might also be another factor.

We both cried when I ended it, and he said he would not give up on me and would be willing to work through my insecurities but I told him I should probably do this own my own. I'm at a loss on what to do next...

How do I fix this? I miss him and I want him back, but I need to work on myself first.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• "We have an amazing connection. We have amazing chemistry in all areas of our relationship, and I honestly believe that he's the only one for me"

So why'd you dump him?

He sounds like a good guy. He wouldn't be with you if he wanted any of his exes over you. Deal with your insecurities yourself. That doesn't mean you have to be single.

Apologize. Ask to get back in the relationship and get over it because your gonna lose out on something good if you don't get your sh*t together

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you. I needed this.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• You will never be able to hold down a relationship until you fix your insecurities. He may not wait for you, but when you get to the point where you are not insecure, you may find that there are other guys who are amazing.

1|0
    0|0
  • Girls, you can't break up with someone and then expect them to wait around for you.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I see myself in you when I read this

It makes me very sad and scared because I don't want it to come to this

I've already improved so much in the past few years, so I'm hoping to keep improving, and work at it as the relationship progresses

But I really feel for you

2|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes