Should I go on dates with a guy if I don't particularly like him yet?

So this guy and I have been good friends for a couple years but we never really started texting a lot until a couple weeks ago. I've always seen him as my friend and we've both helped each other through break ups. We started texting a lot because he started to like me, the only thing is its hard for me to think of him more as a friend. My ex broke up with me six months ago, but he still talks to me pretty frequently because the break up was more of a timing issue than a liking issue. I can see myself liking this guy but I'm not completely sure yet. In the past, I've rejected guys and later I regret it so maybe I should go on a couple dates with him and see what happens from there? I'm definently ready for another relationship, like I feel like I'm over my ex because he didn't treat me too well anyways but I don't feel the passion or connection with this guy yet like I did with my ex. Should I give it time, because we Haven't even been on a date yet? I really want to take things slow with this guy, because he is super sweet, but does passion/connection develop later in the relationship? I feel like I can tell him anything and I'm more comfortable sharing my feelings with him than I ever was with my ex because he was kind of a jerk towards me. What should I do/ how do I handle this?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, love is something which can be developed over time. Given at such a young age, that may not be what you are looking for. But I would give it a try.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• If you aren't attracted to him at all physically then you shouldn't date him. Its impossible to be in a healthy relationship without some form of chemistry. Obviously as you've only seen him as a friend, you may not have allowed yourself to see him as a potential. Perhaps don't see him for a couple of weeks, then set a meet not a date, don't ask him out just meet up and see if you feel anything. If you find yourself attracted then there is potential

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes