Is it a dumb reason to break up with your gf

because she listens to beyonce. I have noticed that beyonce is extremely sexist and a feminazi. I can't help but lose a bit of respect for my girl for listening to her. Its getting to the point where I am questioning out entire relationship.

Updates:
she listens to a lot of the man hating women rule boys drool songs. its just really annoying. maybe I should just tell her to wear headphones when she listens to music?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• if you have extreme political or philosophical or ethical differences than yeah. music may mean nothing to some people but lyrics are very important to others. I don't listen o any music I don't respect the lyrics

if a guy listened to music about women being or irrational or needing a guy to fix their crazy head, o waiting for love for life to begin-theres so muc of thtcrap out there is nauseating- and it fit with his world view id dump him. if it was just the beat he liked, id expect him to wear headphones.

id dump period if it was about and loving it or people killing 'others' to right the world.

having said that if anything beyonce is annoying but harmless. more of her sings are about women being superficial and pining for love than anything else

i wouldn't dump a guy for liking her. but if he didn't put headphones on I don't think I could stand being around him. which is dump by default.

do you not know your girlfriend well enough to know if she's actually a 'man hater' vs just likes the tune?

headphonesis a good idea.she wouldn't be dating you if she hated men.

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • yes headphones are a great solution, and cheap too.

• lol just don't go to the $ store. I've got like 20 pairs that sound like sh*t. 20$ is more than enough for a decent pair f headphones ;-)

typo*

id dump period if it was about women getting raped and loving it or people killing 'others' to right the world.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 34

• Yeah that is a dumb reason. It probably means nothing to her. Does every guy who listens to "Love the Way You Lie" enjoy the thought of murdering their girlfriend? When people sing along to Les Miserables, does that mean they want to start a revolution?

And even if it does have meaning for her, so what? You're questioning your entire relationship because your girlfriend likes feeling empowered? Sorry not all girls are pushovers, bro.

2|0
    0|0
    • never heard of the song

• I don't know it real well, but a line in the song is "If you ever try to f****** leave again, imma tie you to the bed and set the house on fire."

• Yes you should leave her. Because you sound psychotic.

6|1
    0|4
  • I get where you are coming from but lots of people listen to hip-hop and artists that demean and objectify women. But that doesn't mean they feel that way about women. I think you need to have a conversation about this with her. This is something to talk about not just an excuse to get out of the relationship. Because then it seems like you just wanted a way out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, maybe you should tell her to wear headphones, Beyonce isn't the most annoying artist a girl can listen to so be very thankful-there is a lot of garbage out there and Beyonce isn't that bad...

*I get how you can get frustrated with a so's musical tastes but it's really not that big of a deal unless of factors are contributing to you finding her off putting*

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow this is stupid. The fact that you're even considering this, it might be in her best favor that you do. I wonder what other irrational things you think of.

5|0
    0|0
  • Yes, you're being an idiot. HOW is BeyoncĂ© a "feminazi". Give me specific examples of things she has said in her music (I'm not that familiar with her music myself, but from the little I've heard, she's not "sexist") and explain how they are sexist.

I doubt your girlfriend listens to Beyoncé for the empowering messages in her music. She probably just listens to it because she thinks it's catchy, just like about everyone else.

And stop using the term "feminazi". It makes you sound like a moron. I immediately dismiss anyone who uses that word as a complete idiot.

2|1
    0|1
    • ok then ill just say sexist instead

• Show All
    • well that's why I asked the question. I kind of wanted to see what other people think and what women think. Maybe I should just tell her she has to wear headphones when she listens to it, and if she's going to play this stuff in her car then ill just drive my own car to were we are going.

• Eh. That would be a little dramatic, but whatever floats your boat, I guess.

• Actions speak louder then words. Ask her why she listens to the music she does. I know for me music I listen to has meaning to me and my life. Ask her for her views on feminism. However don't make this a reason to dump her. How does she treat you? Write down the things you do love about her,remember the reasons you choose to be with her in the first place. Comunication is key to making relationship work,talk out your problems and come up with solutions that make everyone happy.

0|0
    0|0
  • do you watch many film clips? may I add that a lot of film clips are highly sexist towards women. do you watch the news and see some hot bimbo reading the headlines. do you watch miss universe, do you look at p*rn, have you been to a strip club, do you ever point out girls to your mates and be like wow she has a fine ass, do you bitch about women to other men ever, do you say sexist comments like women are nags, or expect gender roles like women in the kitchen. the list can go on. many women can be extreme like that simply because they are constantly surrounded by sexism all the time it can be annoying and you can feel hopeless. maybe she feels empowered listening to those songs. maybe she is a strong woman. if you are threatened by that then sure leave her do it now rather than later because it doesn't seem she is going to change and she shouldn't have to not listen to beyonce because you don't like the words in the song or what it is suggesting.

0|0
    0|1
    • none of what you said was sexist at all other then the gender roles thing but even that's not really sexist.

• Dumbest reason ever. I hope you're girlfriend dumps you cause you obviously don't deserve her if you actually giving thought to dumping her because of what artist she chooses yo listen yo. I bet you fart sometimes when she's. In the room and I doubt she thinks oh my God he farts we have to break up. Do us all a favor and go pay a Hooker than you can choose how you want a female instead of asking us all if you should leave a most likely good woman. Dumb boys.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think is a very dumb reason,we are in the 21 century,not in the old times..listening to Beyonce and braking up because of that is stupid. We ate in a new era and if men like you doesn't get themselves together you will lose lots of respect. Come on!get involve on what you women likes or dislikes,am sure you will make them more happy instead of behaving like a cave man.

0|0
    0|0
  • its not reasonable just bcoz music.. much better if she likes music than she likes many men around her.. don't you think? I like music a lot. so what if I do. music makes me relax and happy. can't you be happy on what she likes? one day she will just stop and you will realized she is different.

0|0
    0|0
  • I listen to Queen more than anything. Would you dump me because Freddie was an out and out gay man? I mean I might turn gay or get Aids from listening to him! :O Wouldn't want that.

Get over yourself. Beyonce is empowering and she fights for what she believes. You should think about some real problems in life. Like trying to figure out what to do now that cancer has f***ed up everything. Ya me. Sorry wrong question for the wrong girl to read. As you can see, some of us have real issues.

0|0
    0|0
    • whats wrong with gay people?

• LOLs that is a really dumb reason to break up with her, no offense. If you feel like breaking up with your girlfriend just cos she likes music that you don't, than you got other problems coming. In relationships, there's going to be way more disagreements then choice in music, so if you can't handle what she likes to listen to, then I'm not sure you're ready for a real relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea my male friend who can sometimes be a bit of an MCP listens to and really enjoys beyond! Girl power songs are often catchy and fun (which can also at times be a little annoying), but that's no reason to break up with her... You should base your keeping her as a girlfriend on your relationship and how you treat each other not how annoying is the music she listens to cause that's just as shallow as breaking up with her because she got a pimple :/ that being said if she is actually mistreating you because of this music maybe you should consider your relationship status...

1|0
    0|0
  • I wonder what's your issue? This is totally an irrational reason to break up with your girlfriend. It justshows you don't love her . Everyone has their rights and thry can make choices and hsve preferences.

0|0
    0|0
  • That is the most idiotic reason to break up with someone I have ever heard. You obviously are extremely extremely insecure.

0|0
    0|0
    • explain how insecurity would have anything to do with this?

• You obviously are not confident in your ability to be a man and feel threatened by her choice in music and are so attempting to over think this instead of just not caring like anyone else would.

• Lol break up with her that's so funny I can't stop laughing wow you want to break up because of beyonce lol your funny

If she going round saying who rule the world GIRLS that's annoying if not omg I can't stop lolling

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow you must be stupid. Are you going to judge every girl based on the music she listens to? She probably doesn't even pay attention to the lyrics and only listens to the melody or whatever..

0|0
    0|0
  • You are reading way too much into this. Tell her what you think about her and maybe you won't be the one doing the dumping.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ya for sure, I listen to chris brown too and I don't support domestic violence

0|0
    0|0
    • does his music support domestic violence?

• no, but appearently he does. My point is liking a certain kind of music doesn't mean supporting what the artist stands for or even what the lyrics says. Tons of bands wrote songs about taking drugs, yet not all their fans suddenly started being junkies.

Besides, I'm not even sure how beyonce would be a feminazi

• You are one sick f*** if you dump a woman over her musical tastes. Have fun finding a woman who's tastes are exactly tailored to yours.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dumping your girlfriend cos she is not into the same music that you are into is a dumb reason. Music is usually a way to relax and get into a good mood. Maybe she finds Beyonce empowering and hence it makes her feel great. That should hardly cause you to feel that it is a deal breaker. Relationships cannot be perfect and whether you like it or not, you are gonna have to make compromises along the way. I think that if you cannot deal with this, then maybe this relationship is not for you cos I am sure there are bigger obstacles can come in your relationship, than a disagreement about music tastes.

0|0
    0|0
  • HAhaha, unless she's actually mentioning anything to you about that stuff or bringing up conversations about it, then it IS a stupid reason to break it off, unless you don't really like her.

If you honestly like her, it's a dumb reason because, it could simply mean she likes that particular kind of beat, tone, music, whatever, and not necessarily think of you in particular or men in general while listening to the lyrics. But if you don't really like her then maybe you're just looking for any excuse to call it off.

I for example listen to a lot of rock music who most would think is depressing or angry music, because a lot of them are sad, hard metal or heartbroken songs, and I'm not one bit depressed or angry at all the way the lyrics suggest I would think. I just simply like the tune! and sing along! :D! I'm a happy bubbly person! ;p!

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree with most of the other ladies, I think its a silky reason. But as the comment from the person vefore mine read, you might be doing her a favour. Beyonce is no where near as "feminazi" as othersingers or bands...remember TLC and Pink etc but they're good artists and perhaps their songs might seem pro women but seriously I think some people just like the music cos its good. A lot of male artists make songs equally and at times far more derogatory to females but I've never heard a girl dump someone. But of course its a personal matter of preference.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, break up with her because she deserves a lot better than you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is but I think you will do her a favor.

3|0
    0|0
  • It kind of is unless she actually share and expresses those beliefs. I mean my boyfriend doesn't like a lot of the music I listen to and I don't like a fair amount of what he listens to but it doesn't matter because its just music.

0|0
    0|0
  • this is a really stupid reason to break up with someone.. One of my ex's loves heavy metal... but he's the sweetest and prepiest guy like ever... He just knew I wouldn't listen to that with him which worked fine for both of us (not at all why I broke up w/him and were still friends).

0|0
    0|0
  • Very dumb reason. You don't deserve a relationship because you look for ways out of relationships and commitment by using petty sh*t to back up why you're pathetic.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes dumb reason

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 9

• Beyonce, Oprah, Rhianna, all these should be deal breakers for any sensible guy. Good for you for not putting up with these media mavens. These songs are all calculated money-making ploys since the feminazis will go for anything that chimes in with their power trips!

Hip hip hooray for you!

0|3
    0|0
  • Dumb reason. Sounds like you're looking for a way out. If that's the only thing you don't like about her better treat her right or someone else will.

4|2
    0|0
  • She might just really like the instrumental portions of the music. There's a lot of music that I really only like the instrumentals too and don't know any of the lyrics. If she is really sexist you'll see it through her acts.

0|0
    0|1
  • totally a stupid reason. If she was listening to Justin Bieber then it would be a different story

2|0
    0|0
  • Is it a dumb reason to break up with your boyfriend because he listens to ghetto rap that tells women to twerk and suck d***?

2|0
    0|0
  • Philosophical or political differences are the BEST reason to break up.

1|2
    1|0
  • Yes.

1|2
    1|2
  • Does she listen to and get riled up by the ****y songs she has?

0|1
    1|0
    • she says things that make me think that the music effects her thinking or that the music reflects her thinking. I am not so sure there is a difference.

• No that is a great reason to break up with her. You will be saving her the trouble of your nonsense. In a sense you'll be her savior from you!

5|1
    1|3

Recommended myTakes