What should I do? bf told me he can't help checking out other girls

my boyfriend and I were talking on the phone and I don't remember how the subject came up but it did and he said that he couldn't help but to check out other girls! I was shocked that he told me this and to make things worse he leaves for college in about 2 weeks (its about 4 hours away) I'm so upset over this its unreal I told my mom and thinks I should be extremely careful!he told me that he would never cheat on me or he would break up with me first... I don't want to break up with because we have been dating for a little over a year and a half

what do you think I should do ? I'm so confused at this point I love him but I'm a little worried now'''''

114

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think you have to "do" anything. You should respect your boyfriend for telling it like it is instead of lying to your face.

Most guys cannot help checking out other girls. We do it all the time, even when you're with us. Out of respect, though, most of us do it discreetly. I also think that most guys in monamorous relationships follow "museum rules" - look, but don't touch.

Therefore, you can rest easy. This is a totally natural thing even for committed or married guys. It doesn't mean he wants to get physical with these girls, he's just appreciating the view.