What should I do? bf told me he can't help checking out other girls

my boyfriend and I were talking on the phone and I don't remember how the subject came up but it did and he said that he couldn't help but to check out other girls! I was shocked that he told me this and to make things worse he leaves for college in about 2 weeks (its about 4 hours away) I'm so upset over this its unreal I told my mom and thinks I should be extremely careful!he told me that he would never cheat on me or he would break up with me first... I don't want to break up with because we have been dating for a little over a year and a half

what do you think I should do ? I'm so confused at this point I love him but I'm a little worried now'''''

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think you have to "do" anything. You should respect your boyfriend for telling it like it is instead of lying to your face.

Most guys cannot help checking out other girls. We do it all the time, even when you're with us. Out of respect, though, most of us do it discreetly. I also think that most guys in monamorous relationships follow "museum rules" - look, but don't touch.

Therefore, you can rest easy. This is a totally natural thing even for committed or married guys. It doesn't mean he wants to get physical with these girls, he's just appreciating the view.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• The looking part, that's normal. All guys (even women) do it all the time. As long as he's not touching or hooking up with them, be happy.

Although, I'd be very concerned about him when he's in college. The temptations there are greatly multiplied and when you throw in factors of very attractive, promiscuous young women with alcohol, drugs, etc., it becomes very easy to slip.

0|0
    0|0
  • The girls do their best to get themselves checked out! Guys are just being polite by checking them out, after all. When a girl spends a lot of time on make up and a wardrobe...how can guys not notice?

Any guy who claims he doesn't check out other girls is not being honest with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • everybody checks out everybody...all the time...i wouldn't do anything about it at all

but since he's in college id stay vigilant to make sure he doesn't cheat on you because some dudes can't control their temptations when it comes to college girls cause A LOT loooove to f***...

0|0
    0|0
  • dont worry about it.

just because he checks other girls out doesn't mean he has a chance with them. after all he is you Boyfriend so that means that he is gonna come to you every night no matter what, which is the most important part; isn't it?

0|0
    0|0
  • This is very realistic. I will probably always appreciate looking at beautiful women. You don't notice other attractive men?

1|0
    0|0
  • It's normal to check out other girls. It's normal to find other girls attractive. It doesn't mean we are going to attempt to act on it.

Unless he's being a pig about it, I wouldn't worry about it

0|0
    0|0
  • What he says is true...because us people with functional eyes are naturally curious. Just because he looks doesn't mean he'll act on it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like he was just being honest. I wouldn't worry about it. A guy who's going to cheat is more likely to hide any kind of infidelity. Sometimes girls set guys up to answer impossible questions and then they get picked apart for answering. If he said he never checks out other girls, you'd think he's lying to you. If he answers honestly, then you freak out and get upset.

EVERYONE checks out the other gender, it's natural and as long as we don't act on anything it's not an issue.

I'm sure if your friend was asking you if you thought a guy was cute you wouldn't tell her that you can't check the guy out because you're in a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't control what he does. it's a free world.

However, if he is flagrant in doing so, then he needs to tone it down.

0|0
    0|0
  • The rule is look but don't touch.

1|0
    0|0
  • I call that downright rude. Give him a taste of his medication, check out other guys next you both are out and about!

1|0
    0|1
  • I agree with JennyBenny318.

All guys look at girls, the ones with integrity and who love their girlfriend don't do anything about it - the difference is, most of guys know to not blabber about it.

I'm also willing to bet that you look at guys too, like all normal heterosexual girls do

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys look at girls. It's instinct, and meeting a girl's eyes are mentally rewarding. They did a study, you know, and meeting a stranger's eyes and nodding a greeting/smiling activated the same "pleased" parts of the brain as when thirsty/hungry people saw bottled water or fruit.

Of course, checking out other girls in front of a wife is very ill manners. In front of a girlfriend? Just good game, haha.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• You're fine. Guys look at girls all the time. So what? Do you look at guys too? I know I do.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes