How can I stop feeling ashamed?

When I was 15, I was in a relationship with a guy that was 20.(he was my first boyfriend) We were going to the same high school at the time. We were together for a year in a half. I know now that us being together was wrong and I take full responsiblity for making the decision to be with him when I shouldn't have. But now that I'm 17 and is about to turn 18 in three weeks, I can't help but feel ashamed of the relationship I had with my ex. I also fear that any relationship I have in the future will be damaged by how I feel. How can I stop feeling this way?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Just stop thinking about it and move on with your life. You are about to be 18 years old and hopefully have 80+ years a head of you. Live in the now. Obviously you guys broke up for a reason, so move on with your life and go find someone who appriciates you for you and treats you good. I also have a past relationship that I'm not proud of, but I put it behind me andam currently in a happy relationship. Your next relationship partner will probably ask you about your past relationships, but you don't have to go into details. Just say I was with someone for a year and half and decided to move on and change the subject if you aren't comfortable talking about it. Hope you find that special someobe :)

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes