Do you like it when others pry into your privacy?

I know everyone has their secrets, some more serious than others. But my question is Do you like it when others pry into your personal information? Like searching your name on the internet, logging on to your social media account, Facebook, e-mails, checking your cell phone?

I know some of you may have searched through others privacy, and will answer no you don't like it when people search for your personal information. Yet, you've done it yourselves before at one point or another.

A few times I was told by my ex-girlfriend that she is a very private person. Yet, she has no problem invading other peoples privacy.

One of the main problems my ex-girlfriend had with me is she just had to search my name and found out that I post on forums (gaiaonline and girlsaskguys) Which made her insecure. Out of respect for my ex-girlfriend I stopped posting nonsense so she wouldn't worry about it. When I feel the time is right I'll share information with you, but when it's forced out it feels wrong. It just takes a bit of time to become comfortable with someone so you can share information. So there wouldn't be an unnatural amount of secrets.

I can understand that curiosity can get the best of you, but you can always ask politely, right? :)

• No, it makes me feel like I have no privacy.
  • Yes, by all means I have nothing to hide.

3412

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone needs their privacy, and I think most people would hate to know somebody's trying to pry into their private life. However, you have a good point in here: most people (if not all) has at some point tried to do the same to somebody.

In this day and age where all our information is available just a few clicks away, it's very easy to stalk people and be stalked as well. I'd say any info that is available on a person's profile is fair game because if he's posted that, he must (in theory) approve of people seeing it. You should never try to go further than that, though (looking for passwords, checking cell phone messages, emails, etc).

The best thing would be to avoid handling delicate material altogether, and respecting people's privacy as well.