Am I horrible person for choosing someone else over my ex ?

Im trying as much as possible to move on without feeling guilt, but I keep failing.

My story is that I have been with my boyfriend for 3 years, he hurt me a lot , but he has also learnt many things along this time..of course some attitudes never change but I loved him so much I went over any pain he caused me..he also left me twice; the first time I waited 3 months for him to come back, he did .. and the relationship continued , we were very happy..a couple of months later he left me again, I decided to move on, I met another guy who is very nice, older than I am with 3 years (my ex boyfriend is younger with one year)..but a month later my ex shows up again, asking me back..crying and begging for another a chance..

I feel so bad right now.. I am not over him of course, and I am also not in love with this new guy yet ( we only know each other from a month).. I am between two very hard choices, I tried giving up on the new guy and giving my ex a chance but I felt empty, I missed the new guy very much and I couldn't tell my boyfriend "i love you" or anything like that.. maybe I need time to get used to him again? .. before my ex boyfriend came back, I felt good with this new guy, but since he came back, I feel bad and guilty for not giving him another chance (though I gave him a million chances before).. but what if he really changed ?

Also the fact that my ex is younger .. he needs a lot of time to move out of his parents house and become independent, he doesn't even have a job yet .. the new guy though has a stable career and have all it takes to get officially committed to someone else.. I don't care about money I swear .. I just wanna feel that I am marrying someone who can support a home ..someone who can provide security.

I don't know what to do.. I wanna give this new guy a chance, but I keep hearing my ex crying inside my head.. and I feel incredibly guilty .. if someone can help me, please do! thank you :)
I kinda like it how you guys preferred the new guy , but the thing is that the temptation is so high with my boyfriend .. he is so sweet and he is trying so freaking hard .. I am really cold with him yet he keeps holding on , I just feel so bad for him .. I hate it , yet I don't wanna go back with him, ugh it feels awful , but thanks guys !

45

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd leave the ex in your past. he sounds fickle, immature and incapable of truly commiting. If you love someone you don't walk out on them 3x's. You just don't.

i'm not sure you are necessarily ready for the new guy but I know the ex sounds like a bad move. Try not to feel guilty about it. You gave him a chance, in fact you gave him three chances. If he didn't learn to appreciate you rather than leave you on multiple occassions that is his loss and something he needs to worry about not you.