How to flirt and show a girl you're interested in her

Last spring semester in one of my classes I sat next to this girl, we didn’t really talk much until the end of the year because I’m shy around new people. She’s 19 and I’m 21. We found out that we were both in the same major and we exchanged numbers and enrolled in classes together. In the fall we are taking two classes together. We’ve kept in touch all summer long and have become friends and have a lot of similar interests. This summer we’ve been busy working so it’s been real hard to get together, I work from 5am-7pm and she works 11am-12pm. Towards the end of May I asked her to go to a concert in July (it ended up being her favorite musician) but a week before the concert she called me and said that something came up in her family and is unable to go, but she said that she wanted to hang out soon. A week later we went bowling and explored downtown. We had a fun time and ever since then I’ve had a huge crush on her, she is on my mind all the time. We’re going to hang out next week because we are both off work because classes start back Thursday.

I have this huge crush on her but I don’t think she likes me like I like her. I mean she is beautiful, pretty much flawless. I on the other hand am not, I’m overweight (5’11, 215 pounds) but I’m working on getting back in shape. But besides being overweight I am a very nice guy. I’m nice, loyal, fun to be around, caring, sweet, respectful, trusting, compassionate, etc. I’m not like most people my age because I don’t drink, party, do drugs, etc.

I don’t have much experience in dating so I don’t really know how to flirt. What can I do to show that I am interested in her? Maybe overtime since we’re in two classes together she will find out how nice of a guy I am and fall for me. She always tells me how sweet and nice I am.

02