Does it look desperate to an ex if you tell him thank you for the breakup?

I've been broke up for 6 weeks and I wanna tell my ex that I am very glad he made the decision to break up with me because I realize I am not girlfriend material never was and never will be. Not because I cheat or anything its just not for me. When I'm in a relationship I tend to forget about me and focus more on the guy, and the realization hit me. I feel I need to let him know or is it just better to not tell him?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• He'll certainly be surprised at the thank you! But sometimes it is what you should say. It's time for both of you to regain your freedom. Being together isn't good for either of you, so you both should be thankful you aren't dragging out a hopeless situation.