Does it look desperate to an ex if you tell him thank you for the breakup?

I've been broke up for 6 weeks and I wanna tell my ex that I am very glad he made the decision to break up with me because I realize I am not girlfriend material never was and never will be. Not because I cheat or anything its just not for me. When I'm in a relationship I tend to forget about me and focus more on the guy, and the realization hit me. I feel I need to let him know or is it just better to not tell him?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• He'll certainly be surprised at the thank you! But sometimes it is what you should say. It's time for both of you to regain your freedom. Being together isn't good for either of you, so you both should be thankful you aren't dragging out a hopeless situation.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Dont say it, after you send it you would regret it. Its better left going unsaid. Also It will only make things awkward because replying to that is no easy task

0|0
    0|0
  • You're a drama queen. Have some damn pride.

0|0
    0|0
    • uh lol, I suppose part of me is because I do like the lime light. I didn't think it sounded so bad in my head.

• Show All
    • Ok just straight up. Its interesting in how I think straight up is, but yet it still sounds like drama, but the way you said it is better, Thanks.

• No problem.

What Girls Said 3

• DON'T SAY ANYTHING... He will just think your being a bitch...saying that you are happy they broke up may hurt his feelings too.. Of you cares for him in any way then don't say anything.. He might get this feeling that your trang to make your life sound better than while you were together, and that really make boys pissed.. Don't talk to him

0|0
    0|0
  • Just let it go.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it makes you look desperate.

I said thanks in my mind because I didn't want to be with my ex..I found out he was cheating on me. I 'thanked' him for becoming someone elses' problem and not mine!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes