Going to places with your current girlfriend that you've been to with your ex?

Say you decide to go visit somewhere on vacation that you've been to before with your ex girlfriend and you have a different girlfriend now, would being there remind you of your ex and all the things you did there and the memories you had? Would you really be able to enjoy being in the same place with your current girlfriend or would you be thinking back to your ex constantly?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• "would being there remind you of your ex and all the things you did there and the memories you had?"

Oh yeah, more than likely. But there's no emotional component to the memory.

"Would you really be able to enjoy being in the same place with your current girlfriend"

Definitely. The two wouldn't have any relation in my mind. Like I said, no emotional component.

"would you be thinking back to your ex constantly?"

No. Not constantly. It would be just be part of the background of factual information I'd have about the place.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• yeah I'd probably have flashbacks and memories jogged of the trip with the ex.

I'd probably avoid doing identical things that I did but overall I'd enjoy the trip regardless because my ex is my past and my girlfriend is my present and future. In fact I'd probably enjoy it even more because I'm there with someone who presently I have strong feelings for whereas the ex is a tarnished memory

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, no. They are an ex. If you hit this status with me you essentially die in my head. Literally. If I run into you it's like seeing a ghost.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Well, myself being a girl, I think that doing that would be awkward, especially if you and your ex were quite serious. All the memories and moments you shared together would all come back and basically ruin your time together. You and your current girlfriend should get your own special place - make new memories :) hoped that helped.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes