Just moved from home and I miss my parents?

I just moved into an apartment that I am sharing with 3 other girls and I miss being around my parents so much .

I moved to another country so I won't see my parents for next 6 months!

I am very affectionate to my parents, at evenings I could talk with them, we used to eat dinners together, make small trips.. now I am depressed and sometimes I cry because I miss them,

friends can't replace family..

I'm 22 and I know I have to become independend .. other young people don't have such problem, everyone is happy leaving their home, and I am so depressed

Can you give me any advice?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Listen. There's nothing wrong with wanting to be close to your family. Be grateful you have a stable, loving family environment where you and your parents have a close relationship. There are so many people whose parents are abusive or just plain d***s who would give anything to trade with you.

Being independent doesn't mean you never see your family again. You also don't know what is going on inside the hearts of these 'other young people who don't have such problem' and appear happy.

Can you Skype/facetime with them? Seeing them might make it a bit easier. Also talk and text and e-mail. We have amazing technology which makes communicating a breeze.

Can you figure a way to get back home sooner than 6 months? If not, the best you can do is find some activities that give you enjoyment. Sitting around and stewing about how much you miss them will only make it worse.