Need to break up with my boyfriend, even if I really love him

My eyes are swollen and I feel like s*it. This is why I feel like this: I need to break up with my boyfriend, even if I really love him and that we are super happy together. My parents are so strict with me and they won't let me go out at all or hangout with my friends. I am 19 and can complain about this to them, but still they don't care. I am thinking about breaking up with my boyfriend because I know I wouldn't have time to hangout with him, something that will make our relationship break anyways. I don't want to keep him from living and be happy. . I haven't told him yet, and doesn't know how to do it.

I was thinking about writing him a letter first and then see him in person so we can talk about it. This is really hard for me because it is my first boyfriend, and we have been together for one year and three months and now I need to end it.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• First, you're 19? Why and how are they so strict with you right now? I would consider opportunities to move out of that house. You should be having the time of your life at that age...

Assuming you can't, don't jump the gun and just dump him. That's not fair to him. Sit down with him, talk about it, tell him your intentions, and see what he has to say. Then tell him to his face. He deserves that much at least.

3|1
    0|0
    • yes. I don't really know. They have always been strict. I get good grades don't drink or smoke, I do everything my parents want me to do, but still it isn't good enough for them. I'm moving out soon. In about four months.

True. I will do that. Thanks! :)

• Just move out.

What country do you live in?

0|0
    0|0
    • Sweden. I'm moving out in four months. I know 4 months is not a long time, but 4 months with not seeing each other is alot.

• Show All
    • True, but you have to do the best with what you have.

In a way, your situation is similar to people who have loved ones in the military, and those loved ones get deployed for a long time. At least in your situation, it's only four months and not, say, a year.

• Which do you prefer:

-Spending four short months apart with no physical intimacy, or

-breaking up with him and not having any intimacy with him ever again?

I'll let you choose.

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes