Need to break up with my boyfriend, even if I really love him

My eyes are swollen and I feel like s*it. This is why I feel like this: I need to break up with my boyfriend, even if I really love him and that we are super happy together. My parents are so strict with me and they won't let me go out at all or hangout with my friends. I am 19 and can complain about this to them, but still they don't care. I am thinking about breaking up with my boyfriend because I know I wouldn't have time to hangout with him, something that will make our relationship break anyways. I don't want to keep him from living and be happy. . I haven't told him yet, and doesn't know how to do it.

I was thinking about writing him a letter first and then see him in person so we can talk about it. This is really hard for me because it is my first boyfriend, and we have been together for one year and three months and now I need to end it.

02