How can I persuade him to give me another chance?

Me and my ex were together for a year and a half. We broke up a few days ago and I have only just realized how much he actually meant to me. I went away a couple of weeks ago for a holiday. Before I went away everything seemed fine when I saw him. We had sex for the first time in a while and he kissed me goodbye twice and said "one for each week". When I got back we continued as normal for a couple of days. I was not able to see him as he was living at his Dads to attend his Nans funeral. In the same week, his brother had been born. So we are acting as usual and nothing seems wrong until he suddenly says "By the way, I encountered a real problem while you were away". I ask what he means, as it could be anything, and he tells me "Well, I haven't really done this with someone who I cared about. So I'm not sure how to stop it hurting. But other than that, I assume you know.". Here I made the mistake of begging him and wanting to know what brought this on. I asked for another chance. He said he doesn't love me anymore and that he isn't sexually attracted to me and sees me as a friend. After hours of begging I completely broke down and said some things that I regret. I have had problems in the past with eating and I told him that those issues have already risen again due to this. That I hate myself and I know it is all my fault. Here he says: "Well there was a chance to repair, but seeing the real you here, I'd rather not.". A couple of days went by, I have given him space and not talked to him about any of this. Or at least as much as I can. We have spoken about other things as he got his results yesterday and I wanted to know how he had done. He says he will never give me another chance and that his mind is made up. He is stubborn and it's been hard to persuade him in the past. I know I have messed up and I have apologized to him for my actions and the reaction, saying that I was childish and just hurt. He knows I still love him and I would do anything to get him back. I understand that the main issue is that I am too clingy and I just want the chance to prove that to him. I know that what I have done does not prove that but I know I can do it. I have a reason to try this time.

Is there anything I can do? Anything I can say? To just get some sort of chance... To see how things go? I don't want answers like "just move on" because I have to try. I've been told all of this and I'm trying to move on. Every day is a struggle. I just need to know I did everything possible.

Thanks for reading, I'm sorry it is a long story. Any advice and comfort is much appreciated.

04

Most Helpful Guy

• You really know how to choose them. Dude breaks up with you for zero reason after he hits it, you're begging him not to go, you tell him the truth of what's up, and he is all high and mighty? Oh man. Girl get your sh*t together, why the f*** would you want that sh*t in your life all the time?

See, what you did is expose yourself, right? That behavior that he had right there without reason, that sh*t is the real him, so that sh*t will occur again guaranteed. People don't just drop things without a reason and then the whole "There was a chance of repair" is just some bullsh*t sadism on his part. How the hell is there a "chance of repair" when YOU'RE THE LEAVER? Who should be forgiving who?

Girl you just heartbroken and blind, and that's fine, but don't beat yourself up over some sh*thead. I'm not trying to make you feel better I'm trying to help you help yourself protect yourself from your own Stupid.

• Part of me wants to just get mad at him. (He broke up with me btw). He has done this at the worst possible timing as well. I just don't understand. He said that he had had time to think and that he's realized how he feels about me and that this has been for months. I just thought we were happy. We argued a lot but every couple does? If things still aren't right then I will not let him give me any of the sh*t that he has in the past. I just want a second chance and he said I had one.

• (I know he felt I didn't get involved or interested enough in what he liked to do). He said he was going on gears of war so I said "Kays. I'm sure you've played that with me before. It scared me to death" Then he said that it was that game and that mode he is going playing.. (Hopefully it will leave him thinking about me). Then we said bye and he went off. I know I have a chance here... I just can't annoy him in any way or ruin this.

• So 3 years gone by just thought I'd update lmao. The guy was a dick. We stopped contact and I moved to uni. Made friends and went out drinking one night and just happened to bump into him. Didn't speak to him or anything just carried on talking to my friends (one of them was gay and super touchy with me but he didn't know that lmao). Next morning, he texts me (I deleted his number and had to ask who it was). He said "Oh you were so fun last night, I wish you had been that fun when me and you were together". Then asked if I wanted to meet up sometime. Of course I told him to fuck off and leave me alone lmao. Few months later I saw him again just passing by. I had a new boyfriend by then. He ended up messaging me again that day. Spoke to him a little and found out he was struggling with university. Don't think I've spoken to him since but last I heard he was in some program for people with depression, suicidal thoughts, and he was lonely and hadn't had sex since me.