When someone breaks up with you, is it really the truth or is it just candy-coated?

When someone breaks up with you, do they say something like "I'm really stressed out and can't handle a relationship right now" or something similar to that?

103

Most Helpful Girl

• I think in your example, it's usually sugar coated and they're trying to hide the real reason why they don't want to be with you. People like that appear immature to me and should just be honest.

However, if someone says they don't want a relationship right now, that could be the truth and they feel that it's not their time to go into one for whatever reason. If they say something like they're really stressed out, that could be sugar coated. Stressed out by what? If they don't tell you, it's probably because you're the person who's stressed them out, they just can't be honest about it. Any excuse for not dating which doesn't quite add up, should probably be seen as sugar coated and you should accept that that person is too immature to tell the truth and so you're probably better of without them. :)