How and when should I move out of my parents house?

I'm a 23 yo college student who lives at home with mommy and daddy. They pay all of my bills except for my phone and car note (they take care of insurance). I work part time and I make a dollar above minimum wage. I want more independence and like the idea of having my own place, but I don't know how I'd realistically be able to support myself on my own. I appreciate everything they do and I know I wouldn't be able to have the standard of living I have here on my own at this time. They're supporting me while I get my education, so do you think that I should stay at home until I get a better job or should I move out?

If I do move out, what should I do to get ready? What will I need to move out? Oh, I have no money saved up and I live pay check to paycheck

06

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think you could afford to move out on part timebarely above minimum wage pay. I'm living with my parents as well, a very similar situation to your own, and when I calculated my budget, I realized I'd need to make $11 an hour, 40 hours a week, at the bare minimum, and even then I wouldn't have many luxuries like a decent internet connection, smart phone plan, or cable/satellite.