How and when should I move out of my parents house?

I'm a 23 yo college student who lives at home with mommy and daddy. They pay all of my bills except for my phone and car note (they take care of insurance). I work part time and I make a dollar above minimum wage. I want more independence and like the idea of having my own place, but I don't know how I'd realistically be able to support myself on my own. I appreciate everything they do and I know I wouldn't be able to have the standard of living I have here on my own at this time. They're supporting me while I get my education, so do you think that I should stay at home until I get a better job or should I move out?

If I do move out, what should I do to get ready? What will I need to move out? Oh, I have no money saved up and I live pay check to paycheck

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think you could afford to move out on part timebarely above minimum wage pay. I'm living with my parents as well, a very similar situation to your own, and when I calculated my budget, I realized I'd need to make $11 an hour, 40 hours a week, at the bare minimum, and even then I wouldn't have many luxuries like a decent internet connection, smart phone plan, or cable/satellite.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Wait until you have a decent income. Even if you could afford to move out now, you'd probably be living paycheck to paycheck and never be able to save up any money. I wouldn't even consider moving out until I had at least 3-6 months worth of rent in my bank account.

0|0
    0|0
  • You should't move out until you have enough income to keep you going, and enough in reserve for unexpected expenses. Moving out in your current situation probably would result in moving back in shortly, and that would be embarrassing!

0|0
    0|0
  • You need to find a sugar daddy. I know one...

0|0
    0|0
  • you should be able to easily find a guy in his 30's who is like that, and since you are a girl you are probably gonna be targeting those guys

0|0
    1|0
  • Honestly I'd wait until you can support yourself. Things are still pretty bad so I'd wait til you finish school and get a job.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes