After high school, did you settle down?

After you move out your mom house, how come girls move into a guy house but still can't figure out her life? After high school what you did you do next?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I went to university and moved into a dorm with other students. It was easy for me, because I learned all the homey stuff from my mother. Don't get me wrong, she never forced me to do anything, but I liked it and I wanted to help her. Plus, I always knew what I wanted to do with my life and that never changed.

Most people aren't as passionate about specific things, so they move out not knowing what they want and how to live on their own. So they frequently drop out or take a break for a few years and they make mistakes. This is OK and it happens more often than not. She might need to try a few things before she finds out what to do with herself or she might never find out and settle for something less.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• College, then internships each summer. Hopefully after college, I can do graduate school and maybe go for an MD or JD after that. My boyfriend wants me to move in with him before we get married (no time soon), but I'm against that. We haven't made any definite plans, but we've mutually implied that we'd like to get married after we finish graduate school. If we happen to marry each other, great, but I don't plan on living with any guy until I get married.

0|0
    0|0
  • I got a summer job and then moved to college in the fall. Then I moved back into my parents' house and got a summer job again. And tomorrow I'm going back to college. Not moving in with any guy any time soon. After college, I'll be getting my own place. Which I'll have until I get married. In which case, THEN I'll move in with a guy.

1|0
    0|0
  • what guy's house? link the girls around me all went to college after. only girls that live in rural areas get married in like the 8th grade and have kids.

0|0
    0|0
    • well he said high school so 12th grade (18 years old)

• no,i mean generally early-starting from the 8th grade and up.

• I went to college for a year, then dropped out and worked full time for 2 years. Then I moved out of my parents' house and I now live with my best friend.

2|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• I'm going to a university for 4 years, get my bachelors and then get my masters for another year. All while either working or interning (probably interning in the company my dad works for). After that I will probably set up shop in a nice apartment near a job and when or if I find a girl, then move into a house.

0|0
    0|0
  • 18 is very young for people to know what they want in life. I'm 24 and I still don't know exactly what I want.

When I graduated high school, I went to college and work. Unfortunately, I started hanging out with the 'wrong' crowd. It wasn't the bad group of kids who did drugs and drank all day but I went from an athletic guy who had his priorities straight to a full on party guy who barhopped weekly. Also, while it wasn't a lot of money, I enjoyed making it so I took work over school (dropped out). Looking back, I know it was some of the dumbest sh*t I've ever done.

Here I am at 24, working a dead end retail job and living with (watching) my little brother who's 19 but acts like a 15 year old. My goal is finally make enough money, start school and hope to get financial aid and get a degree and hopefully move out from where I'm from and start fresh.

1|0
    0|0
  • college

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes