I mentioned on twitter that if my boyfriend goes to a "hostess" I'd probably break up with him. Reasonable?

A "hostess" in Japan is like this:

link

link

Its a place where you pay hot young girls to talk with you, pour you drinks and light your cigarettes. "Technically" if you pay enough, you can take them out and eventually if you pay enough, you can have sex with them.

However, none if this is explicitly stated.

Anyways, do you guys think my train of thought is reasonable?

• Yes, if he goes to a hostess, its reasonable to break up with him.
  • No, if he goes to a hostess, its NOT reasonable to break up with him.
  • See answer
    Vote C
I don't have a boyfriend.

It was just a conversation on twitter

56

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe?

Look, it's perfectly reasonable for you to draw the line at your boyfriend going to hostess clubs. Period. No other if's and's or but's.

However, there are other perspectives to this situation that make it a grey area.

Firstly, airing your private relationship laundry on twitter is a really bitchy thing to do, and if I was your boyfriend, I would seriously consider breaking up with you for that alone.

Secondly, depending on the guy's profession, there may be completely reasonable motives for him to go. If these motives conflict with your boundaries, then... well, that would be a conversation I'd recommend you have in private with your bf.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yea I don't have a boyfriend. I wrote as 'this is a question from my friend. Pretend that...'

And it's true. We were just talking and I kinna want future stalkers/men I meet to see tho.

• That's cool then!

• Now I don't want people to misunderstand me but I still feel I'd most likely break up unless he's going with coworkers occasionally etc