I mentioned on twitter that if my boyfriend goes to a "hostess" I'd probably break up with him. Reasonable?

A "hostess" in Japan is like this:

link

link

Its a place where you pay hot young girls to talk with you, pour you drinks and light your cigarettes. "Technically" if you pay enough, you can take them out and eventually if you pay enough, you can have sex with them.

However, none if this is explicitly stated.

Anyways, do you guys think my train of thought is reasonable?

• Yes, if he goes to a hostess, its reasonable to break up with him.
    Vote A
  • No, if he goes to a hostess, its NOT reasonable to break up with him.
    Vote B
  • See answer
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
I don't have a boyfriend.

It was just a conversation on twitter

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe?

Look, it's perfectly reasonable for you to draw the line at your boyfriend going to hostess clubs. Period. No other if's and's or but's.

However, there are other perspectives to this situation that make it a grey area.

Firstly, airing your private relationship laundry on twitter is a really bitchy thing to do, and if I was your boyfriend, I would seriously consider breaking up with you for that alone.

Secondly, depending on the guy's profession, there may be completely reasonable motives for him to go. If these motives conflict with your boundaries, then... well, that would be a conversation I'd recommend you have in private with your bf.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yea I don't have a boyfriend. I wrote as 'this is a question from my friend. Pretend that...'

And it's true. We were just talking and I kinna want future stalkers/men I meet to see tho.

• That's cool then!

• Now I don't want people to misunderstand me but I still feel I'd most likely break up unless he's going with coworkers occasionally etc

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Ya I'd say that's reasonable... well maybe. He might not have interest in them and just likes being treated like royalty or something? I'd say talk with him first and see if you can be convinced it's nothing. But in general, I'd say it's reasonable.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think... Its just a chat.. I have been many far asia countries and I saw many different pleasure ways in asia.. kyabakura just a chat and I can say its the one of innocent..

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, this is no different from any other form of prostitution.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is just like the women I date...

0|0
    0|0
  • What do you mean by "hostess"? Prostitute?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• How long have you two been dating, I guess that it would be strange for him to pay a girl to be with with them. so seems it would make sense, but I wouldn't make it a treat or anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's your opinion of whatever situation,but I don't understand the point of putting that on twitter.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes,you have boundaries that you don't want crossed.

0|0
    0|0
  • I thought you meant hostess twinkies and chocolate cupcakes :c

0|0
    0|0
  • Very reasonable

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes