How can I show my boyfriend that I'm not cheating him?

We grew up together and were neighbors, but he thinks I'm cheating on him. I show him my phone all of my texts I get, I gave him my Facebook account. I don't know what else to do to make him feel otherwise, help!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Mark my words: your relationship is going to end badly. Nothing you can do, just realize it is not working. I'm sorry :-(

0|0
    0|0
    • Then there is nothing I could do to prevent this?

• Show All
    • I suppose that's right, but I allowed him to full access to show him I'm not hiding anything at all. but when I attempt to ask him about his phone he say "your the only one I text" I don't understand what's so hard to let me see?. am I in the wrong?.

• No you're not. If he wants to see your texts and Facebook, he should have offered your his. Out of a sense of equality and justice. But maybe he's cheating on you or maybe he cheated on you before. Cheaters tend to project their issues onto their partners. But he might just be a pathologically jealous person. In any case, nothing you can do. You're suffering it but it is HIS problem, not yours.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• how can you show him? you shouldn't have to show him aside from just doing it. you shouldn't have him sifting through your contacts, phones, fb, etc just to give him security. trust is the foundation for a relationship and since this guy does seem to have that trust there really isn't anything you can do. his insecurities will rule over any logic or rational thought you can provide him

0|0
    0|0
  • His paranoia is causing him to be a control freak. If you're willing to put up with both then you'll just have to keep proving that you're not cheating. I think you shouldn't though. Your Facebook is YOUR Facebook, not his. Your cell phone, is YOUR cell phone, not his. It's not in his right to be able to access it

0|0
    0|0
  • You're not gonna be able to do it, he's paranoid and insecure, he's not gonna stop until he controls everything you do. Sounds frustrating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Can't answer this question without knowing more. Is he just insecure or has he been given reason to not trust you? Have you cheated in the past (on him or someone else)? Have you been flirty with other guys while dating him? Give us more info...

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Why doesn't he trust you? Maybe it's not up to you to prove him that you're not cheating but to him to prove otherwise? You can't keep proving him you're not doing anything wrong, that's just tiring. How about you sit him down and have a talk about why he's feeling like that. Is it because a previous girlfriend cheated on him? Then let him know that you're nothing like her and your relationship now is different from the one with the previous girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have to wonder if this is some twisted head game to drive you away... I have seen men at times accuse their girlfriends when in fact THEY were the ones cheating. I have also seen men INVENT issues so the girl would break up with them instead of the other way around.

0|0
    0|0
    • They have no right to call themselves men. What happened to the days of a yes meaning yes, and a no meaning no, and an issue being its own issue? Bah, cowards.

• you tell him that you'll leave him if he'll continue doing that to you. the problem is not you, it's him. he should learn to control his emotions and way of thinking. Don't be too nice and give in to his demands cause he'll just continue to abuse you. be firm and show him how you should be treated. don't grant him access to your FB account, don't show him your phone, etc.. if he'll not learn to change and still continue being controlling, might as well breakup with him now cause your relationship is doomed to fail anyway, it's just a matter of time...

0|0
    0|0
  • This isn't something you can control. This is the result of his insecurities and only he can fix that.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes