Do you have a suggestion on how to get my boyfriend to move out of his parents house or should I just leave?

My boyfriend is 29 almost 30 and still lives at home with his parents. I've been trying to get him to move out for over half of a year and he won't budge because we don't make enough. Well we both earn 11/hr, he praises himself on being a mechanic (that does make good money) yet that was 2 years ago and now works where I do as a customer service rep... I'm more than positive he could make good money, and he gets job offers left and right for 18-20hr but he doesn't wanna be a mechanic anymore... well that's okay, I said find something else you would like to have a career in. I mean we'd save on gas, food expenses Because we do have a stable income even tho its not that much. I just want him to give it a shot, but he keeps telling me we got to save. Well I did save, in the thousands area, but nope... he wants to save. Any suggestions to get him out? I figure maybe I should just move out on my own and get a better job, I guess if there's no relying on him.

34

Most Helpful Guy

• How pricey is the rent where you're at? If its like SF/Bay Area, NYC or Seatlle?

So let me get this straight he IS saving money right? You're issue is that you feel he's saved enough but he feels he hasn't.

Honestly, when I was 29 I had to move in with my mom for 2 years. It was worth it, I was able to save up to buy a house when the market bottom'd out. Interesting enough, chick I was with at the time wasn't a fan of the move either.

You wanna move out, you should do it. Trying to "compel" your guy to move out with you is a bad move. Regardless of his story, making someone do something they don't wanna do is just setting your self up for disappointment.