Do men have every right to be afraid of commitment, knowing they have more to loose in a divorce?

When married couples get a divorce, it's most of the time the women who get the house, half his money and custody of the kids.

If I'm wrong then tell me a story of how the judge ruled for the man to keep the house after he and his wife divorced.

142

Most Helpful Girl

• Before my Aunt (in law) married my Uncle, she had a previous husband and three children.

Her best friend and ex-husband confronted her one day, said they'd been having an affair for years, and they wanted a divorce. Now, my Aunt is a smart woman, with a business job, but that was the worst sort of betrayal and she was a wreck. She had a break down, and a terrible lawyer. Her ex-husband and ex-best friend won all rights to the kids, and the house. They got everything. She got child support.

The husband refused to let her around the children, told the kids their mother hated them, took the letters she wrote and trashed them, rewrapped the Christmas presents/birthday presents she sent. My aunt kept copies of the letters and receipts to the gifts though. Once she saved enough money again, she got a lawyer and took them back to court to get visitation rights that he was then enforced to follow.

But that was after a few years, and kids are pretty impressionable. It took them a long time to accept what their father had done.

I have a different Uncle from the other side of my family that also kept his house and custody of his kids after a divorce. As an owner of his own company, he probably got a lot more out of that divorce than his ex-wife.

Women have a lot to fear in getting married/divorced now too. Not just men.