Are you doing anything to help prevent climate change?

With headlines every day about record breaking rainfall, wildfires, heat, mud-slides and other record breaking weather related items, have you tried to do anything to reduce your CO2 footprint?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm conscious of my impact. I simply don't have the means to do everything I'd like, but I do what I can.

One of the easiest contributions is to patronize environmentally responsible companies, such as those involved with charities like 1% For the Planet and others.

I can happily report that I've endured this summer with no central air conditioning, in order to use less electricity.

Ultimately though, the government MUST get involved though. Like it or not, it's real and it's happening, so set politics aside because natural forces don't give a sh*t.

0|1
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• I recycle and reuse. I try not live a consumer based lifestyle, drive a hybrid. That about all I can do in a society that is driven by consumer spending.

0|1
    0|1
  • I don't eat meat and do small things, like saving energy and water...

0|1
    0|1

What Guys Said 5

• I never talk to feminists or zionists to avoid uselessly expelling CO2 into the atmosphere.

0|1
    0|1
    • If we all so refrained what a wonderful world it would be.The earth would cool again.

• There'd be a new Ice Age!

• I don't think climate change will make any difference throughout my life on this planet. And by the time this problem becomes noticeable, I am sure there would already be a brilliant plan to stop and fix it. So, I don't really do anything special.

0|0
    0|1
    • It already is noticeable. Glacier National Park is running out of glaciers. You're kind of right though, it's a long-term issue, and it's not obvious to see. But it's happening. Sea levels are rising. Fresh water sources are (slowly) becoming compromised. As they say, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. This isn't something that can just simply be fixed, it has to be prevented from becoming worse, because the worse it gets the more impossible it will be to deal with.

• I drive a big pickup truck.

0|0
    0|1
    • We likely don't agree on this issue, but I'm actually going to defend you and your truck. It's not about the type of vehicle or its fuel economy. The ultimate measure, the bottom line is the amount of hydrocarbons emitted. Priuses (Prii, as Toyota would like them to be called) are WORSE than your truck. If someone gets double your economy but drives twice as much, it's a tie. Pointless to debate it.

• Actually, I read a report last week that said we have been in a cooling trend for the last decade. Scientist aren't really sure why. Records will always be broken. Doesn't mean that humans are the root cause. It makes me laugh when people act like we can really do something the heating and cooling of the freaking earth!

link

1|0
    0|1
    • Each gallon of gas puts about 14 pounds of CO2 in the air.A car that drives 1,000 miles a month produces about 3 tons of CO2 in a year. That's one car on your street. Think of all the cars there are all over the world. CO2 traps the heat from sun rays;. More heat, more moisture, more extreme weather. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has State of the Climate in 2012. It's interesting.

• Show All
    • The "hottest average year" are numbers from micro climates...not overall earth temps. Some of the most daming evidence that gets the global warming fools on their heels is when scientists show them how hot the earths overall temps where before the Industrial Revolution . The earth has always been, and will always be changing in temps and climates . Its been doing so long before automobiles or big industries. Funny how the biggest liar out there, AL Gore, flies around the world on a prvt jet.

• I believe we should do our best not to pollute, but as for the temp of the earth changing...I'm not worried, nor do I believe humans have such a large affect on the earth that a huge cooling period is no longer possible. If the earth gets too hot we're screwed. If it gets too cold we're screwed. Climate change argument is just some humans way of blaming others for something

• I don't care about climate change. The world is going to end because we all can't get along, it won't end because of things like global warming.

1|0
    0|1
    • CO2 traps greenhouse gas and the levels have climbed from an average of 300 ppm to over 400ppm since the Industrial Revolution. The hotter the air gets, the more water it holds. Water vapor also causes temperature gain. Therefore, record heat, record rain, record flood, record wild fires, record snow.

• I see your point, but if you think we don't get along now, wait until coasts are being fled and refugees are pouring inland all over the world. Water is predicted to become a commodity. Inland cities will become more crowded. Coastal countries may collapse entirely. Extreme droughts and floods in areas not used to them. And so on. This will lead to even more tension between different peoples. It's worth at least trying to avoid or delay.

Recommended myTakes