Is it dumb to take a break right now?

Have you ever "taken a break" from a relationship? How did it work out?

I'm getting sick of my boyfriend. I feel like we've fallen into a routine, and he's not that fun to be around. Everything he does is starting to get on my nerves.

We haven't been fighting, but I want to take a break for my own sanity. He's a really nice guy, so I don't want to lose him for good. I'm thinking a break will just refresh our relationship, even if it is for just one or two weeks. He's just starting community college and my senior year of high school starts next week. We've been together 4 months.

Would you be upset with your SO for doing this? Would you be likely to go back to them after the two weeks?

What Guys Said 1

• Another guy caught your eye I take it? Or looking to mess around a little during the break?

That's usually what happens whenever a guy/girl is looking for a break.

• No, I just want to see my friends more and they're all single. I'm not in to any other guys. Also, I need to focus on college apps for the next few weeks, and I don't want his limited schedule to get in the way of my work. I'll probably ditch my essays to hang out with him when he has a couple hours off.

What Girls Said 1

• every relationship is different. I think you need to think if you want to take a break to fix your relationship, or do you want to break up completely? is this someone you can see yourself have a future with?

• I can see myself with him, because he's an amazing guy. I want to fully experience my senior year, and part of me worries he'll get in the way of that, because his friends are all gone. I'm just not sure I want to end it and go on without him in my life. I figure I could take a break to see if I can handle losing him.

• then take a break. if you decide after a week or two that you are content without him then you will not get back together. I was in a relationship with an older guy my senior year of high school and it is one of my biggest regrets ever. he had trust issues with me going to parties, dances, school trips, you name it. senior year is a time for fun with your friends and should be the best year of your school careeer.