Should I help my boyfriend with his move?

My boyfriend can be really messy and lazy. He Always needs help cleaning but I usually refuse because I don't want to be this mom. He is moving this weekend and asked if I would help him pack. What should I do? I don't want him to think that I will play this mother's role!

14

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm pretty sure your not being his mom by helping him pack. I'm pretty sure he understands that he's leaving one place to go to another or else he wouldn't have finished his lease or contract with the place that he is currently in, so I don't understand how you helping him put things in boxes is being his "mom".

What I got from this is, if you guys ever get married and move in with one another, that you will not help him "pack" the house up. And expect him to do it.

Doing someone's laundry when your not married, means you wanna marry them. If its a chore for you, then clearly you don't really want to be with him. Clearly. And I don't mean this in a rude way or anything but, house chores are 50/50. You do laundry, he does it next week, you cook, he cleans dishes. If you think this is "being is mom" then you have a lot of growing up to do.

I suggest you really start thinking and acting correctly if your looking at a future with this guy. Cause I'm sure he knows what he's doing. And you shouldn't ask him if he needs help packing. You should just go and help him.

I have my own condo, and well I don't have a girlfriend at the moment, but when I did, she just did stuff around the place, aka cleaned and stuff, when I didn't have time too. Doesn't mean I stopped or she was being my "mom". Means she was doing it out of the good that she has in her.