Is something in my relationship lacking? Is it worth it, or should I end it?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a little over 3 years, and have gone through quite an adventure together. We've both been through a lot and have helped each other stay emotionally strong. We love each other very much and talk about our future together very seriously, but lately I've been fantasizing about my ex-boyfriend... My ex-boyfriend and I ended because of a long-distance relationship that was starting to be too difficult to maintain. We decided it'd be best to "stay friends" although we both still loved each other.

I'm not sure if I'm second-guessing myself and having these "fantasy thoughts" because I've been in this relationship for a while and my mind and body are just being "human", or if I'm REALLY not meant to be in this relationship anymore. When I picture my life in 5 years, I definitely see myself with my boyfriend - getting married, having a family, etc. So why do I feel like RIGHT NOW I should be messing around with my ex? I'm so confused and terrified as to why these thoughts are happening...

Do these thoughts tell me that this isn't right?

Do these thoughts tell me it's "normal" to second-guess myself because no relationship is 100% perfect?

Do these thoughts mean something in my relationship is lacking and needs to be worked on in order for me to fantasize about my own boyfriend?

I need opinions!

22

Most Helpful Guy

• end it

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • ... You replied way too quickly to even READ the text.

• i read it, ask me a question

• Okay, ready for my hard ball questions Modern? Hope your ready for this, what day is it?