Reasons why men and women cheat. What are they and why?

So some men and women cheat in their significant other. Have you? Be honest. If so why? What was the reason or reasons.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Men - She was sexy, he was sexually deprived, he thought he could get away with it.

Women - He gave her emotional support in a time of need, she feels she was "settling", she was sexually deprived.

No, I have not cheated. I would rather break-up with my partner if I no longer was attracted/committed to her.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• IMHO there's a relatively small group of serial cheaters who cheat on everyone they date. Why? they have a high need for multiple partners. Generally these are male. They get a big boost in self esteem from sleeping with new women. They usually believe 'everyone is doing it'. The sex on the side is purely sex.

There's a much larger group of people that almost anyone can fall into, which is people who are missing something major in their relationship, are unwilling to leave, and the. Get offered what they're lacking. I'd generally see two groups here - young people who are with the first person they've loved and are afraid to let go of that or married people with children. women tend to say they missed the intimacy, me tend to say they missed sex and affection. Usually both miss both but rank them differently.

I've never cheated. Have I thought about it? Yes. I've had year+ sexless stretches in my marriage. I've had women suggest sex online. If t had happened in person would I have said no? I don't know.

Some people cheat serially because their threshold for dissatisfaction is very low. Like of they don't have sex for two weeks they feel completely unwanted and sleep with the next guy who hits on them. More women in this group I've seen - perhaps because men get random hookup offers less often.

1|0
    0|0
  • self esteem...some people need to feel like they are desired and mens attention on any level gives them this boost of self esteem

general dissatisfaction... some people just grow tired of their relationship. unfortunately rather than just breaking up they cheat (which is obviously a coward's move)

not monogamous... I think some people just don't or can't really be with one person only. call it evolution, call it a thirst for variety or whatever but there a people who simply need to be with other people

i do think that being monogamous goes against our most basic instincts. I mean if we were supposed to be with one person wouldn't god or whatever created us also wire us to, once we've found a partner, no longer find others desirable? that said I don't cheat simply because it is rather cowardly in my opinion. essentially a cheater wants to have their cake and eat it too. to me if you can't be faithful then you should simply be single so that you don't have to worry about hurting someone

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally I think monogamy is kind of against the natural order of things thus many cheat... However, I think if you and your partner enter a monagomous relationship (and its assumed your monagomous ie marriage or dating exclusively) then the primary reasons are lack of will power (cant say no) or anger (cheat on someone because you are unhappy with them)

I have never cheated, but have been cheated on several times and the girls always said it was because they felt I didn't spend enough time with them or reciprocate feeling or whatever else.

0|0
    0|0
  • i'd say sexual attraction would be something that might lead me to want to cheat , I haven't cheated myself but then I haven't been in a long term committed relationship either . boredom might also be something that leads people to cheat , relationships after a while lose the spark and the though of having that spark again with a new person can be tempting for some

0|0
    0|0
  • Often it is because they aren't getting what they need from their partner.

It doesn't have to be sex. Sometimes it can be as simple as affection, an emotional connection, someone to talk to. This can especially be true when there are children involved, and say one partner stops seeing the other in terms of a desireable sexual person, and can't stop seeing them as an unsexy parent.

In some cases though, it's because the person (usually the guy) simply doesn't want to be and cannot be monogamous.

There is something in their mental make up which just cannot and will not understand or accept why the majority of people even try to monogamous. It makes as much sense to them as someone saying "I like steak... therefore I am going to have steak for every meal for the rest of my life"

They just think - I don't care how much I like steak, sooner or later, I'm going to want something different. That doesn't mean I stopped loving steak...

They want to sleep with other people and honestly don't see why being in a relationship should mean they can't. They know enough to know that most people will finish a relationship if they found out about it, so they lie and keep these things to themselves.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Usually it's for sex for both genders

0|0
    0|0
  • They're afraid of commitment or losing their freedom

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes