Why did my ex contact me?

I broke up with my boyfriend months ago, but I broke off contact 4 months ago. He got a girlfriend that didn't last long and has been texting me saying that he still loves and I'm his first love. He says he wants to See how I'm doing every couple months. Obviously the girl was a rebound, but why does he still keep in contact with Me? To get back together in the future? Or be friends?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like he broke up with you when he thought he had someone better, but that didn't work out, so he wants intimacy/sex back in his life. It *could* work out, but that's not a great situation for you to be in - it's got "bad-feelings and potential disaster written all over it."

I'd advise against getting involved again.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• This makes you a rebound as well. I don't think his interest is in friendship. Even if you were interested in reestablishing a friendship, you should give it some time to that his emotions cool down.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol, are you really over 45?

Because you sound like a teenager.

1|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 1

• He obviously still has feelings for you and he probably would try to get back with you if he got the opportunity. It sounds plausible. He was the dumpee and guys use girls to get over break ups. Whether they actually date them or have sex with them or they're just talking as folks say. It's all just a way to get over an ex. I can tell you that if he still loves you he doesn't want to be friends. This is probably a way for him to attempt to get back with you.

You're his first love and you're over 45 though...hmmm...just curious about that if he's around that same a g e...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes