My relationship ended becasue of a missunderstanding and my mom being over protecctive.

My now ex boyfriend and I had a good relationship.

He was the type of guy that put his family first and me second, which is totally udnerstandable. My mom thought she was helping , so she got involved and told me I should break up with him by text becasue he was always busy with other things so she was suspicious. After I broke up with him when I honestly did not want to, I tried telling him the situation and what had happened. He is not willing to give me another chance. I don't know who is at fault here.He said he didn't want to break up with me, but he could have been lying to me. I don't know who is in the wrong here but he won't compromise.

34

Most Helpful Girl

• Think everyone is being a little harsh here. I had similar experiences to you growing up about boys. My mum was very protective, and we would argue over who I was going out with, because she could see that these boys weren't right for me. I would argue, carry on with the relationship and you know what was really annoying, she was right about every one of them. You're obviously young, what else were you supposed to do. If your mum has been good to you, you have a sense of loyalty and duty towards her. Unfortunately your choices were limited and in the long run you probably chose the right one. Your mum may not have been right, but over time, who is it that is going to be there for you. She may have told you to break up with him from experiences she has had.

Also no offence but if you have explained the situation to him and he isn't in the least bit sensitive to this explanation, then I'm sorry to say I don't think he was really that into you. When people break up, the first thing we do is try to win that person back, ad he hasn't done that. He may start to miss you in a week or so, so just give it time. But think about things, is the relationship really giving you everything you need? Why has your mum said to break up with him? There must be a reason she can see, but you can't. Sometimes we are too close to see what is right in front of us. Write out your thoughts if it helps make things easier for you.

• your right, sometimes we are too close to see what is right in front of us and sometimes we don't want to see the obvious.

i'm also think we should learn from the mistakes that others have made before us.

unfortunately, this doesn't always work when it comes to relationships.

there are some experiences that you have to make yourself.

they will hurt, but hopefully you will be wiser after you recovered.

• Yes I agree, making our own mistakes is good, but if you have the power to advise someone not to go down a route that you know from a past experience is leading to hurt and pain, wouldn't you use it? Otherwise what is the point in their being elders there to give advice, surely it isn't only when we have made mistakes. Also sometimes mistakes can lead to long term lifetime consequences, then I am sure somebody would turn around and say "why didn't you help me sooner?".