Do guys ponder over relationships?

This may seem like a dumb question but do guys reflect over past/future relationships? Like think over on their past relationships and wonder what could've happened etc or do they just forget, move on. Or if they are in a relationship think about the future or just take it as it comes. I just want opinions obviously everyone is different.

The reason why I'm asking this is because almost a year ago my ex and I broke up and it wasn't discussed or anything he just got up and left town. After he left I was really upset and thought a lot about what could've happened between etc but just moved on because it was the appropriate thing to do. About 2 months ago he's come back and he's apparently he's been talking heaps about me and asking me about my well being etc. It just got me thinking really :/

11