Have you ever cheated? (in a relationship)

so romantically ave you cheated...

If so:

1. what made you do it?

2. did you ever tell your boyfriend/girlfriend?

3. did you feel guilty?

4. Would you ever do it again?

Please only honest answers this is for a sociology class and personal interest! :)
  • Yes I have cheated
    Vote A
  • No I haven't cheated
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Im really glad to see that so many people hold themselves to the same moral standard as I do :) I think its really important to be able to resist urges and be trusted by your S/O. I'm sorry to hear that so many of you have been cheated on, I too have been cheated on and know how much it sucks. I think it takes someone to be cheated on to really gain the respect for others and not cheat. Thanks to everyone for answers :)

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Never cheated, and never been cheated on! Would never cheat. If I wanted someone else I would break up with my significant other.

5|5
    0|0
    • exactly, at least have the courtesy to leave them before you end up cheating on them.

• Exactly anon! If you care about that person at all then you will at least have the decency to do that!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• I have, when I was 17 and in a really bad relationship. I was young and dumb and I've learned from it. We had both cheated on each other and it was never a very serious relationship, but I know I was still wrong and I should've had the self-confidence to just leave him first.

1|0
    1|1
  • No. I'm extremely morally opposed to being in any way disloyal to the person I'm with. I'm that way with friendships too though. Loyalty is a big thing for me.

1|1
    0|0
  • No never have, I would say maybe its because I have only ever been in one long relationship (12 years starting at 16 years old) but I couldn't live with myself, plus I have seen what happens to people when they are cheated on, I could not imagine doing that to someone, not even to speculate a reason to do it or why someone would.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah I've cheated and it should never happened. Instead of keeping it a secret I came out and told him and felt very guilty and started to cry because its not me to so something like that. At least I was honest about. Now I suspect that he's cheating on me flirting with other females via face book message but never seem to ask him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never cheated, but have been cheated on. It's damaging and I would never do that to a person. Some people have no shame.

2|1
    0|0
  • No I have never cheated because it hurts the one you love. I know what it's like it happened to me more then once.

1|1
    0|0
  • Nope and I never will.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes I have cheated, I was in a relationship that I knew wasn't going anywhere, there was no more passion or spark. It's no excuse for what I did was a horrible thing. I never told him. I felt so guilty that I ended the relationship the next day after I had cheated. Would I do it again...no never, the guilty feeling is one of the worst feelings in the world.

0|0
    1|1
    • thats good that you've learned from it and know that its not right :)

• Exactly

• Never.

I hope I find someone who doesn't do it either. :/

1|1
    0|0
    • its one of the most important things to me to have someone who doesn't cheat

• Show All
    • hahah :P

• hehe :D

• not a chance I'd do anything like that to ruin our relationship

1|1
    0|0
    • I'm glad you care about "our" relationship so much ;)

• oops...sorry I meant 'a' :P

• No, that's why I don't get into relationships because I would

2|3
    3|1

What Guys Said 12

• I don't believe in cheating, sure I may have had some urges in the past yes; I think everyone is guilty of at least being attracted to someone else while dating and possibly even be given the opportunity to cheat here and there but if you do truly care about the person you are with and overall just respect them then you wouldn't cheat. If you don't even care about the person enough not to cheat on them then why are you even dating?

1|1
    0|0
    • exactly right I completely agree. You have to have a certain level of respect for the person you're with and for yourself for that matter. Its almost like you don't value yourself a bit because it really comes down to you not being trustworthy and honest

• No, never have, never will. Anyone who does is a despicable human being. Doesn't matter the reason. Even if they cheated on you, that doesn't make it right. Cheaters should be outed and it should be somewhere people can go to see who is a cheater and know if they should even bother with them.

Time to wait for downvotes from cheaters who are mad they'd get screwed over with my ideal.

2|0
    0|0
  • I never have...I have pretty good control over my animalistic urges.

1|1
    0|0
  • I have ... but I couldn't do anything about it ... I cheated on my ex to be with the love of my life.

0|0
    1|2
  • Yes.

I didn't think it was wrong.

I did it for the hell of it.

I didn't feel guilty.

No. Not with my current gf.

0|0
    1|2
  • I've never cheated.

1|1
    0|0
  • Nope, never. I can't stand cheaters

1|1
    0|0
  • I have never cheated while in a relationship.

1|1
    0|0
  • I have never cheated, but my ex did cheat on me with her uncle (ugh, incest). That was my first and last relationship. It made me lose faith in relationships and women. That was 4 years ago, and I have remained single ever since.

0|0
    0|0
    • thats a really odd situation! :O I'm really sorry to hear that. Its hard being cheated on, I too have had a unfaithful partner and it can be rough to try and trust someone again which is what I'm currently going through in my new relationship. What you have to remember is that not every girl will be like this and you could be missing out big time by thinking it will never work. I suggest getting back out there and giving it another chance :)

• Thanks for your encouraging words. I know that all women aren't like that. But due to my misfortune if something goes wrong AGAIN, I certainly don't have enough emotional energy left in me to withstand it. I may either end up killing myself, or lose my sanity. At the same time, I know I shouldn't really remain alone forever. I think a bit of professional help might encourage me to get back into the dating scene.

• yea I know exactly what you mean, it really is damaging. I do highly suggest some professional help before jumping back out there and even when you're dating someone, it really is great to have a professional opinion even if it just reassures you of things you already knew :)

• Cheating is only applied to marriage, so NOOOO

If stupidly applied to relationships, then

if on a break counts = no

if on a break doesn't count = yes

1. being a slave to bitchy whims, ignored, no semblance of a twosome

2. didn't need to - overt actions, many tongues/spies

3. hell no

4. relationship on a break? = yes; marriage = never. never - get a divorce first if so hot for another

0|0
    3|1
    • I don't think its stupid to apply it to relationships... Marriages are about trust and you need to have that base of trust before marrying that person. And chances are if you're going to marry someone you were in a relationship with them before hand. So if they cheat in the relationship then how can you trust they won't do it in marriage? A relationship is still a commitment to the other person, usually signifying exclusivity...

• You are welcome to your opinion BUT there's no formal commitment, just implied. There's no guaranty about children, if, when, custody, parenthood, etc. ... nor with property. It's playing doll house games with sex in the mix often. So relationships get out of hand and resemble more serious commitments than playtime ... does NOT = marriage = grown ups making overt promises about the future and working through spasms their lover might have to make it all good. Relationships are playgrounds.

• Never have, never will.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yeah a lot unfortunately. I just can't say no when approached for a hook up, and I don't know why. I've read books, seen a hypnotist about it, and everything else! I've told myself I wouldn't cheat and I have and then I run scared for a few weeks thinking I'll get caught and promise myself I'll never do it again and it's happened more than once. I don't think I am a horrible person I think I just have crazy hormones and I take received attention a little too well.

1|0
    4|3
    • if you know you're a cheater then why do you even get into relationships? why not be honest with the person who likes you? It could boil down to a self esteem issue which my ex girlfriend had, she didn't like who she was so she slept around to make her feel like she as pretty and wanted. A relationship didn't give her that same value and rush

• Show All
    • Ya no kidding. It's not like I enjoy being a cheater because it hurts people and I am working to change it. Boy I feel bad for people who come here with addiction issues, they must be in a high suicide category from feedback here. Young children with no life experience here.

Recommended myTakes