How long does it take you to move on?

I broke up with this guy 16 months ago I always tell him I wanna move on and I stop contacting but I always end up going back to him again we decided to stay friends but I still love him and he says he wanna marry me when we get up but he never ever calls me and he never seems to care I'm starting to accept that he might not be that into me but I cannot move on I love him so much that I can't even date anyone else

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It varies based on: how long the relationship was, how important the person was to you, who was the one to break up, what the "case" of the breakup is believed to be by you, if you talk or don't talk to your ex anymore.

So basically, if the relationship wasn't to long, the person was a jerk to you, you were the one to break up, the "cause" wasn't your fault, and you don't talk to them anymore, then it will not take long at all...but if any or all of those were the opposite, it will take a LONG time before you get over it...good luck.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• He is most likely using you as a sideline booty call because of your clingy nature.

Realize that if isn't showing the kind of attention that you are showing to him that your off-and-on relationship is one-sided and will end up no where.

Ignore him for a while...and see if he calls or texts you, and you will see how much he actually likes you. If he does contact you first, you should ask him that want commitment, no commitment one what he says, then cut him loose for good.

0|0
    0|0
  • if you want to move on, you have to make a clean cut.

stop contacting him, if he contacts you, don't answer.

staying friends won't work for you just like for most others.

0|0
    0|0
  • Broke up with my ex 4 years ago, and was in another relationship about a year after all while never being fully over her. After the 2nd failed I was feeling the hurt of 2 relationships and it really took a toll on me. I never forgot the first, ever, and I think of her every day still. I know that it isn't right and that we will never be, but she was my one true love I feel.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• you have to move on,don't wait on someone who isn't waiting on you,when you lose interest he will come back and suck you right back in,he wants to make sure he has a back up..he is a self centered douche,its OK that you love him but do it far far away from him and find a grown mannot a sttopid douche who plays games w your heart

1|0
    0|0
  • I have read that it takes half the time the relationship lasted, which seems about right. Unless it was awful heinous and it takes shorter for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • It really depends on how long you have known him. Also, you can't move on until you delete him from your life.

0|0
    0|0
  • There really is no easy way to tell how long it'll take to be "over" someone. I've been in your position before and things do get better. You just have to remind yourself of why y'all broke up. Try to limit contact with him because seeing him or talking to him makes it harder for you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes