Should I make a move? What do guys really think of younger women who are bold and make the first move?

There is an older guy that I am very interested in (about a 20 year age difference.) We have been flirting for the past few months and I can tell he likes me (e.g. Lots of suggestive smiling and he makes a lot of eye contact and I've seen him check me out multiple times.). I've definitely flirted back and there should be no question that I'm interested. The only problem is that he is very shy/nervous around me and sometimes seems to ignore me. I "think" he is too shy to ever make a move. Do I take a chance and make the first move? What do guys really think of younger women who are bold and make the first move? I have to see this person often and will feel like an idiot if he turns me down. Help!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Nothing ventured nothing gained, you might be embarrassed but that will only last a moment - his loss!

Maybe he feels inappropriate making a move on a girl that could be young enough to be his daughter. He might be waiting for you to make the first move - a dangerous game I say! Hey, asking something innocuous like going out for coffee might be the shove he needs.

What the h*ll you might find him still living with his mother and you can make your escape!

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for the answer! He definitely doesn't live with his mom, lol...he lives 4 houses down from me which is why it will be so awful if he turns me down! I will give coffee a try!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• He might be interested yet feel that the age difference would be too much for you. (It's possible that it's too much for him but unlikely!) This could well inhibit him from making a first move. Of course it is a chance to do it yourself but it probably won't happen otherwise. At worst he'd probably still be very flattered.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are ways to do it where he will get the message without you being so direct. when you talk with him make some body contact, even if it's simply touching his arm when you're talking to him. See what sort of a reaction you get.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I know exactly how you feel. We're basically in the same boat. Anytime I ever ask a guy out I use this technique to make it casual. Start a conversation about something going on or maybe a movie you want to see, whatever it is. I think it's less nerve wracking to ask them to join you rather than going up to them and saying hey wanna go to dinner with me? I feel like it takes pressure off this situation and you can easily work your way into the date.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes