Been in tears for days, how do I get her back after a year?

Me and my ex girlfriend broke up last August. We'd been going out for a year and two months until she got her dad to text me about breaking up. Safe to say, I had a meltdown. The crazy thing is: I still love her. She was horrible to me after breaking up because I really didn't want it to happen. I don't know why she treat me that way or why she spread rumours about me afterward. Either way, I don't want people telling me to 'get over it' she was my first love, we had many happy memories and she was perfect in my eyes. I've dated girls after her, I've had therapy, panic attacks and huge depression since. I cry almost everyday now. I know that break up is the cause. What I want to know is how I repair our relationship. I don't know where she lives anymore and I feel stupid for asking around - I don't know what I'd say or do to win her back. I look and feel pathetic but this is how it is. I've tried getting over her but I can't, I still love her.
Updates:
she was acting really shady before she broke up with me - saying she was sick for the past few days. she could be pregnant but I have no idea why she would hate me so much and I'm sure one of her friends or family would have told me - I guess I could try email her but I wouldn't know what to say. She said she got her dad to do it over text because I wouldn't take no for an answer? she may have been cheating on me cause I found her phone with a guy flirting with her but what does it matter now.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• i think you're putting her on a pedestal; when people break up who were in love the dumpee will only remember the best things about that girl and build them up in their mind so that no other girl will be able to compare when in reality the girl wasn't that perfect after all

you are under 18, don't ruin the rest of your teen years pining for an ex girlfriend. I know you don't want to hear it but you need to try to move on with your life and find a new girl or spend some time with friends or family, take up a new hobby or get an after school job to take your mind off it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• do you have any way to communicate with her? email address,Facebook,you have the right to know why her dad got involved besides the obvious you having sex w her little girl. Could be what one poster said, she may have gotten pregnant and either she was made to terminate the pregnancy or moved her away to somewhere else to hide the pregnancy.in any case, do some research, people are not that hard to find.

0|0
    0|0
    • i wouldn't necessarily go there about the right to know. many guys think they have a righ to know, so they track the girl down, only to get stalking charges filed on them.

• i wouldn't necessarily go there about the right to know. many guys think they have a right to know, so they track the girl down, only to get stalking charges filed on them.

What Guys Said 4

• it could be that she was pregnant with someone else's baby. could have been consensual or rape. since she said that she tried breaking up with you, I wouldn't contact her. you're just asking for trouble if you do

0|0
    0|0
  • You need help man.

Serious help.

Best advice I can give to you to start you on the road, is that you need to love yourself before you love someone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • ok, I feel for you, but there's some pretty big questions coming up in this situation. I've never heard of a dad breaking it off with a guy for his daughter, unless there's crazy stuff happening. then you say she treated you horribly. to top it off, she moved away. the setup makes me think she had sex with someone else, got pregnant by them. that doesn't exactly track either. spreading rumurs about an ex is a way to get them to move on. if they're unfounded. if they are real, then the dumpee really mad them mad. the moving away bit is 'textbook' for getting pregnant without being married, at least it used to be.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dude. You're weak. Read what you just wrote. Would you want to be with someone like you?

Love her if you must, but you seriously need to work on you, and get yourself into a state where you're not this simpering, pathetic fool. No woman wants a guy like that. You want a chance at having her back, you need to prove that you're capable of handling her. And right now, you're not even capable of handling yourself.

Get your sh*t together first, then worry about getting her back. One step at a time, man.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes