Boyfriend said he would literally kill me?

I've been dating this guy for about a week now, and he's been cheated on before not by me though. So he has trust issues, which I understand but I am not that type of person, which I keep telling him. Anyways he told me and was being dead serious when he said it that he would literally KILL me if I cheat on him. Like he said he would either shoot me, or break my neck and then kill himself, I've been dating him for a week now, and he's like this... He has said he would kill me 3 times now, like wtf, and that he would not ever break up with me no matter what, he said he's not planning on breaking up with me at all.. I like him a lot but honestly I don't know if he's good, like he promised to kill me if I ever cheated on him.. What should I do? I am kind of scared.. Any advice? by the way I am 18yrs old.

116

Most Helpful Guy

• Leave him. My gosh, you're exposing yourself to so much danger. The fact that he has literally decided that cheating deserves being literally killed, means that he has a killer instinct for those who cheat on him. He has a criminal and vigilante attitude. This idea or mentality, like a seed, can grow in the heart/mind and cause him to resort to violence or mental cruelty over disagreements or him not getting what he wants.

Plus, what if one day he begins to think that you are cheating, whereas you're not. He is going to do something dangerous and reckless and you can't do anything about it because he's probably made his move.