"No one truly wants to see their Ex move on" Do you agree or disagree?

It seems for the most part, everyone always seem like they try to one up their ex boyfriends/girlfriends. For those who don't know what one up someone means, to always seem like you're doing better than them even by a little bit.

Think of your last ex, how would you feel if they started dating someone who was a bit more attractive than you?

Do you agree with the quote or disagree?

• Agreed
    Vote A
  • Disagreed
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Here is the deal. My ex wife cheated on me, told me she cheated on me and wasn't going to stop. This was many years ago, we are divorced now, which is a good thing as I'm re-married also a good thing, however we had a child together, and while our divorce took a long time to execute, it was for the most part amicable, however she stated that certain things were going to happen in regards to our custody arrangement, (no office of child support enforcement) etc, etc, however due to pressure from her new husband, I suspect she decided to get them involved, which I felt was a betrayal to me. I'm not suggesting that she should somehow be loyal to me unreasonably, otherwise she wouldn't have cheated and left me in the first place. I have made peace with most all of what happened in the past. My biggest problem is that instead of moving ahead with her life, she seems to have slid backwards into some sort of self defeating, self pitying, non working, collecting welfare sort of mess. Now I have no problem paying child support. I get it, I understand that as the non custodial parent I get stuck with it. Unfortunately I'm trying to get ahead in my life, I have worked very hard to secure a very secure and stable employment (working for the Federal Government) and I'm working on my masters degree to help advance myself. Meanwhile it has come to my attention that my ex is not working and is filing for disability, which is completely her choice and furthermore her business. My greatest complaint is that if I'm even a little late on my payments she complains and wants to try and play guilt trip games with me, and is unwilling to let me see my son the way she agreed to, and unfortunately there is nothing in our divorce agreement which outlines this, so now she is just a thorn in my side until our son is 18. So my point is while I really want to forget her, she is making this difficult to do. I don't wish her any ill will most of the time, but when she is harassing me and begging it makes me believe she is the biggest mistake of my life.

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Wow, You're a better man then me because I would drive a car through her house.

• why don't you stop being so nice and challenge the custody agreement? if she's nto working she is most likely using a portion of your money on HERSELF.. lots of evil women out there don't be so naive to think "oh she wouldnt"

take custody of your son and then you don't have to deal with her.. or at least make it more towards 50% so she can't leech any money out of you.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 13

• I very much disagree.

Let me say I am very emotional and can be very resentful and it's hard for me to forgive people (and I never forget), but for some reason I don't care what my exes (all two of them) do with their life after me.

The first ex was practically cheating on me when we were about to call it quits. So I just thought "this proves we're just wasting our time. I can be with someone who wants to be with me and he can be with someone he wants to be with, who by the way isn't me". We ended badly, but for many reasons, and when I returned to my country, I cut all bonds. I didn't hear from him in one year and when I did, I heard he was surprised that I had found someone else. Ridiculous.

All you really have in life is time. If your ex found someone more adequate for them, who are you to be pissed about it? They are not wasting their life and they are enjoying their present. The least you can do is do the same, whether it is with someone or on your own. If the relationship was nor worth fighting for, then why do you care so much after breaking up? Love hurts, but so does wasting your time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Eh, it really depends on if we left off on good terms or not. I'm not going to lie, I do have that bitter side of me, where I'm like "Ugh, I just hope you never find anyone." That's only if we had crappy relationship. If my ex started dating someone more attractive to me, I would really careless because I couldn't f***ing stand him. The only way I can think of by trying to "one up" my ex, is by finding someone who was better then him in a deeper sense, not a superficial one.

1|1
    0|0
  • Kind of agree. Of course it depends on how you parted and how bitter you are about the whole thing, but I know I was pretty upset when I saw my ex already had found someone else after 2 months. I guess it was the time period, not the moving on itself. Had he found someone else after 6 months, then I wouldn't have been as upset about it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I broke up with a guy once, and a year later he was still very angry with me. A couple of months ago I saw him again and though he still dislikes me, he's at least being a civilized adult. It's a relief to see an ex move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • I want my ex to find happiness. I don't want him to go through life alone.

I would not care who he dates. Our lives are no longer connected.

1|1
    0|0
  • Disagree. I couldn't care less if my ex moved on. None of them have been great losses

2|0
    0|0
  • agree.

0|0
    0|0
  • I really think this depends on the person and the relationship.

I have always been glad that my exes moved on, I mean, they dumped me anyway, but I didn't care or wonder about who they were with. In fact, recently I ran into an ex who felt the need to rub it in my face that he was still with the girl that he started dating right after dumping me, haha! I don't care who he's with or what she's like, because he's a jerk. So I'd prefer they move on, so they'll leave me alone.

1|1
    0|0
  • It really depends.Some people who had several issues with their ex couldn't care less about them or who they date.(or they could be angry if they get someone good seeing as they think their ex may not deserve that). On the other hand,someone who really liked/loved them I could see how it would hurt to see their ex doing better.May make someone feel as if they weren't good enough or that they are much happier since they are gone.

Personally I don't care what they are doing.I don't plan on snooping either.

2|0
    0|0
  • I hated the bastard he can rot.

2|0
    0|0
  • i can't stand my ex I'm glad he's gone lol

2|1
    0|0
  • disagree, my last ex and I were wrong for each other and I broke up with him so I do not feel bad about him moving on. he is with someone else and married now, good for him. if I liked the guy and he rejected me though I would feel resentful

1|1
    0|0
  • If I'm not fully over an ex then I wouldn't want to see him move on shortly after the break up cos it still hurts me to see him being with someone else that's not me but once I'm fully over him and I've moved on then I only wish him the best and would be happy if he's in a good place.

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• I always preferred my exes to move on, rather than to be clingy: they were exes for a reason.

3|1
    0|0
  • We want the to move on. Just not to a person better than us. It is very selfish, but I've felt like this on occasion

0|0
    0|0
  • I disagree some people had awful terrible breakups and genuinely don't care what their ex does!

0|0
    0|0
  • For me, when I dump someone or they dump me, they are dead to me. Not in a mean spirited way, mind you, but more of a "I wish you good luck, but I couldn't possibly care less what goes on in your life from this point on" kind of way. I don't know if that makes sense. It's not a grudge. It's just me not caring about any form of contact with them. lol

4|1
    0|0
    • Loved the "dead to me" part. And this guys is right, whenever you break up with someone you really loved, it feels like some part of you died. So it's smart to put it that way.

Recommended myTakes