Ex-boyfriend totally acting like my boyfriend, we just broke up but I feel closer to him. What does he want from me?

My ex and I were together a little over a year. For the past few months, things have been rocky... we took some space but after a month, we ultimately decided to stay together. Then a month later, it just wasn't working so we broke up for good. This was three weeks ago. He was the one who couldn't handle the relationship, but he promised and begged to still be friends and spend time together and be close. I was devastated and thought I'd never really see him again because people always say they want to "be friends" but never really mean it.

Funny thing is, now that we are broken up, he treats me better than ever. I waited a week to accept his invitations to hang out, and he missed me like crazy. Now, he contacts me like every day, always asks me to hang out, and he is there for me like he never really used to be. Always asking about my personal life, giving me advice, and when we hang out (which happens most days), he seems completely enamored with me. It's like he is more into me now than he was when we were together... he is always staring at me, kissing my forehead and being affectionate which he always had a really hard time doing when we were together.

He says he doesn't want us to see other people, but he doesn't want to be in a real relationship because the pressure to do everything right is what makes him unhappy. He said its not about seeing other girls at all, that he has no interest in anyone else.

I'm so confused. What does he want from me? Is there hope of getting back together? I'm happy whenever I'm with him because he treats me so well. I don't want to lose him, but I also don't want to be used if he never wants a relationship again...

20