How to break up with someone nicely?

I have this boyfriend who I would like to break up with and I would like to be able to do it on friendly terms.

I have tried to talk to him about it before but he just keeps telling me we can work out our issues. He doesn't seem to see that I don't see a future with him. He is going through some personal issues currently so I don't feel I can just do it at the moment. As I feel he has enough on his plate. I talk to him everyday just normal stuff, how are you what you doing ...but I feel like I am leading him on, don't want to do the 'no contact' thing as I would not like someone doing that to me. I would like to end it with him understanding it just was not meant to be. We are not compatible.

Any advice?

26

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd tell him over a coffee meeting that, as YOU HAVE TOLD HIM before, you don't see the relationship going anywhere. and you'd like to start just being casual friends. Tell him you don't want an argument, and tell him you won't see him for X days or weeks so that you both can adjust to the change in your situation.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE