Would you tell one of your parents that the other one is/was cheating?

Short version: My mom's had cancer for two and a half years. It's gotten worse. She goes to chemo every week. My dad's been cheating for years upon years and think nobody has a clue (apparently nobody does except me, even though it's BLATANTLY obvious -- and I've seen pictures I wish I could un-see).

In this situation, do I tell her the truth, or not tell her about it? I've contemplated it since before she ever even got the cancer.

Would you tell a parent that the other one was cheating (forget my whole story, it was just to add to the question)?

• Of course. I'd want to know.
  • Absolutely not. None of my business.

44

Most Helpful Girl

• Normally, yes I would.

In your case, I'm genuinely not sure.

It's possible she already knows, I've noticed that a lot of time people think the spouse doesn't know, they really do.

But in case she doesn't, it could destroy her, and battling cancer, she really needs all the strength she can get.

You just have to weigh the pros and cons.

I always feel that people should know the truth.

But the truth will hurt her, and she's already dealing with a lot as it is.

I probably wouldn't told before it got to this point, honestly.