Why did my facial scrub cause my skin to break out?

I started using the Clean & Clear blackhead clearing scrub last week, but it seems to be doing more harm than good. My blackheads are turning into whiteheads and it's starting to look terrible. Is this supposed to happen to clear my pores or should I stop using the scrub?

51

Most Helpful Girl

• You might find this helpful, but you might not.. Overall, you should stop using your facial wash because its aggrivating your skin causing it to break out badly.

RECOMMENDED SKIN CARE…I use clean and clear CREAM wash (good for sensitive skin or those that dry to easy). It contains salicylic acid which prevents breakouts and gradually evens the skin tone out too. This is the most important thing you can do. I’ve tried various ‘oil free’/’salicylic acid’ moisturisers but the best I’ve found is the clean and clear on…

EMERGENCY SPOT TREATMENT!...The toothpaste things works! Put on a blob at night and put a bit of tissue over it so it doesn't make a mess. It cools the area down and reduces the inflammation. I also recommend the clean and clear advantage spot treatment gel.

HORMONAL SPOTS…Any female with spots I'd recommend trying dianette or yasmine contraceptive pills because if it's hormonal that can sort everything out within weeks…though it can take a couple of months to get used to the pill.

FACIAL ACNE: AVOID…Don't use harsh scrubs and peroxide products daily like some people do; that can dry your skin and make produce MORE oil...just exacerbating the problem. Many face packs I’ve tried and those blackhead removal strips too seem to have caused problems.

I’ve also had problems with those ‘facial wipes’ made by clean and clear and Neutrogena because they’re too drying and when the top layer’s too dry, the oil gets stuck underneath and causes more problems!

HAIR PRODUCTS…Be careful what products you use in your hair if it's long - certain conditioners have causes me to break out at times. Also be careful of hair gels, hair sprays and serums.

NUTRITION…I recommend taking a 100% multi vitamin/mineral complex – those little spots you get around your mouth can be due to a vitamin b deficiency for example. Also I recommend Omega 369 oils every day because they improve blood flow.

Some say chocolate doesn’t affect it…it does for me and I don’t know how or why that should be but certain foods do seem to affect break out. Coffee is one of those things that seems to aggravate my skin too. So look out for anything you eat that might be making it worse.

OLD WIVES TALE?...It's an 'old wives tale' type remedy - but a spoonful of cider vinegar and honey in hot water 3 times a day is meant to help EVERYTHING. It tastes nice too...kinda like honey and lemon X

HYDRATION….Keep your hydration right by drinking plenty of water, avoiding caffeine and alcohol and too much salt!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE