How can guys move on so quickly?

My boyfriend broke up with me a little over 2 weeks ago. We were together for 3 months. He is talking to this girl who he had a thing with before me and him started dating. They're not official yet, but I think it's coming. He was at a party with her the night we broke up. My question is how is it that easy for guys to move on? I feel like I meant absolutely nothing to him and our relationship was a complete joke even though I actually really cared about him

For everyone saying 3 months isn't long enough to be emotionally invested, he was my first boyfriend, I lost my virginity to him. So yeah I was attached and emotionally invested in him

1119

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not guys. It's everyone.

Nobody breaks up with someone else until they're ready to move on. Just doesn't happen. This has been coming for weeks, maybe since the very beginning, and you just didn't see it.

Usually, when breaking up with someone, you peter around the issue trying to find the best way to do it, dragging it out while pretending to still be invested. Until someone else comes along that you want to date. Then you need to break up, and so you just make it happen, so you can start dating the new person without looking like a complete ass.

And yes, three months is absolutely enough time to become emotionally invested. I'm sorry this happened to you, that sucks. I've been there (used as a rebound, got really into the girl I was with), and yeah, you feel like sh*t, like you were used.

In reality, it probably wasn't really like that for him. He probably liked you and thought things might go somewhere, maybe even really wanted to feel for you, and later realized that it just wasn't quite working out that way. It sucks, but that's how it sometimes goes. I've been on both ends of the situation a few times, and you probably will be too.

• Thank you for understanding 3 months is long enough to get emotionally invested. Granted I was probably much more invested in him than he was with me because he was my first and I was his 8th but when you're with someone almost everyday for 3 months straight it's so hard when they just leave and move on to the next like its nothing and I'm supposed to be perfectly fine with it

• Well, you're not *supposed* to be fine with it. It hurts, and that hurt can take awhile to get over. It can be hard to trust someone again after a breakup, because you look back and everything seems like it was a lie. The best you can do is try not to let it jade you. There are plenty of people out there who actually ARE emotionally available and perfectly capable of getting just as attached to you as you are to them. He just wasn't one of them.

• Thank you so much! My ex and I said we would befriends but then last night I saw on fb a screenshot of a CONVO he was having with this girl who he is talking to and he was saying how he "wants to f*ck her so bad" and I kind of lost it because that hurt so much so I tweeted and said you are a douche bag WTF was I thinking and he saw it so I don't think we will be friends anymore lol but I guess it's for the best