Can sex re-ignite a relationship?

Okay so me and my girlfriend Haven't seen each other in about 2 months give or take. We Haven't had any kind of sexual contact for about 3 months, maybe a little more. Now, when we got together we didn't have sex for a full 3 months because we didn't want the relationship to be purely about sex. (We were not each others first's) and after we finally did have sex that first time, she was ecstatic at the fact we finally did it. It was the happiest I had ever seen someone. After that, we had sex multiple times a day the days we seen each other for a good few months and then it slowly went down to about 2 maybe 3 times a week.

Now since we Haven't seen each other in so long, she has started to think that the magic has gone in our relationship. Which to be honest, is understandable because how can something flourish without seeing each other for so long. What I am asking is, because we Haven't seen each other in so long and the fact we Haven't had any kind of sexual contact in longer, can sex reignite the flame in a relationship? I know it sounds cheesy but I honestely think that when you have sex with someone you truly love, your true feelings can really be revealed.

If it can possibely bring feelings back from the dead, how would you go about, without trying to sound like a male hore here, suggesting the idea? I don't know when we will see each other again or for how long for that matter. But, I really feel that one night or weekend together could really bring the relationship back to life again I just don't know how exactly I am supposed to go about doing so. Its not like next time I see her I could just throw her on the bed and go from there (although that could be very, passionate I guess). Next time I see her I don't want to just "lay my moves" and hope she responds, I want it to be like all the special times we had together where you could really feel the love in the situation.

10