Have you ever broken a gender role?

Have you ever broken a gender role?

Did any of you ladies buy the guy a drink at a bar?

Any guys here do day to day ironing or changed baby diapers?

Certain gender roles are weaker and some are stronger. What would be the strongest one that you broke? How did it feel? Did you feel weird about it or did you feel normal and satisfied while doing it?

I'm sure some roles are impossible, like giving birth of course.

Although, many people use these roles and give the other gender more work as a reason to be lazy.

To break gender roles can also mean to break laziness.

Have you heard a man say "Nah, you make the dinner, you're a woman" or a woman say "You fix the car, you're a man" or "I'm not going to make the first move. It's his job"

It's important if you observe how the people use these as a means of not doing any work, after all, it will work in their favor and you can't argue against "the rules"

Just remember, most of these rules are not official and are merely how society builds upon it.

I apologize if my post seems to generalise or offend anybody. No harm is meant.

125

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't ascribe to gender roles. They interfere with people living up to their full potential as human being.

ive never told a guy to do something because he's a guy or refused to do something because I'm a woman or insisted I do something because I'm a women.

I relate to people with as little predetermination as possible. If someone is respectful I respect them if not I dont. sex doesn't apply here. If females really were naturally this way and males naturally that way then you wouldn't need a proscription on how to act.

you don't tell someone to get skin- because they naturally have it. or to breathe because they naturally do.

theres no rational purpose to gender roles. if someone can do something competently they can do it. what purpose is it to then turn around and say they are a woman acting like a man or a man acting like a woman.

a woman is a woman based on her biology. anything she does is something women do. same thing goes for men.

gnser roles are a bunch of bullsh*t with theoretical philosophical holes all over the place. invalid and useless.

Imo, if you can do it do it . if you can't do it learn how. if you can't learn it get help. regardless of sex.

when someone determines a person is not acting as their sex should dictate.all it mans is that person did not live up to that other persons expectations . that's i. its got nothing to do with not being who you are.

my dad raised 4 kids. he wasn't acting like a woman he was being a dad. that's what he was. my mom left us to prsue a career. she wasn't acting like a man who didn't want kids. she was acting like a woman who chose a career over family.

presuming a person will should act this way or that way makes it that much harder to to understand the world in a coherent manner. you have to wade through extra layers 9 disabuse of certain misconceptions it leaves you still back where you started at a pre-understanding of a situation.

i have never seen a reason for gender roles. just emotional responses. I want to be in charge. idontwant to be in charge. I'm traditional. these are feelings there's no rational argument in support of gender roles.

furthermore the amount of heinous activity that's gone down in history in the name of tradition or gender roles I find it really strange anyone would want to cling to this as a valid reason for their expectations and intentions towards other people.